You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. National Treasure is a really okay movie.

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
3 weeks ago#1
I have a group of friends where we like to use the same batch of lines from movies as inside jokes because we aren't original and still find them hilarious. Some of our favorites include lines from Rush Hour 2 and some of the The Fast and Furious films. You can tell me nearly any day of the week that Jackie Chan "always dreams to square marden" and I will probably still laugh out loud.

In what must have almost a year ago, I was introducing a friend to Super Mario Odyssey and he was exploring the Sand Kingdom. He asked if he needed to go into the large pyramid, and I said offhand, "the secret lies with Charlotte," one of the iconic (maybe) lines of the classic film, National Treasure. Nearly ten minutes later he said, "wait, like from National Treasure?" and we had a good laugh about it, and suddenly that line became another go-to joke. I'm sure that my friends all sound like extremely appealing people to spend time with, based on this description.

National Treasure was added to Netflix relatively recently and I watched it after one of my favorite Twitter accounts, @whalefacts, said that "whales would never try to steal the Declaration of Independence." It is entirely a product of its time with a few laughs, some corny moments, some action moments, and weird slow-mo during potentially violent moments that is either masking bad special effects or a way they were using to get around some weird stuff with standards and practices.

My favorite character when I saw this movie when I was 16 was Riley, who is Nicholas Cage's sidekick who gets to make the sarcastic jokes and has a handful of witty lines. He still remains my favorite character 15 years later.

The movie isn't amazing by any means but it is a lot of fun, and as far as movies go sometimes that's all you need. If you're ever in a scrolling vortex on Netflix and can't decide if you want to watch The Office reruns for the millionth time or Parks and Rec reruns for the millionth time, maybe give National Treasure a try. Remember, the secret lies with Charlotte.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
3 weeks ago#2
I like this topic! I've only seen that movie once and I thought it was pretty silly but wholesome.

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
3 weeks ago#3
I enjoyed the hell out of the first one and didn't see the second, so this is a good sick day idea.

I also watched Rampage the other day? It was what it set out to be, though not more than that.
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

User Info: freepizza

freepizza
3 weeks ago#4
My friend Tim considers national treasure to be a cinematic masterpiece. He was a very sheltered child.
"...you should try reading my posts being getting all emo." --FoxMetal

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
3 weeks ago#5
I began watching Bring It On: The One with Hayden Pannetieri that HBO Now Claims is From 2018. They incorporate crumping into the cheer routine.

It wasn't as good as the one I saw last summer on Netflix, which I think was a Bring It On 3D or something. There was a lot of ultramillennial stuff going on, like dialogue was presented as text message exchanges instead of people talking. That was a cinematic masterpiece.
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. National Treasure is a really okay movie.