You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Formal request for PMS Detroit

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
3 weeks ago#11
Michigan is also a state I have yet to visit. I've been to all the ones surrounding it.
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

User Info: GMTELigence

GMTELigence
3 weeks ago#12
It's definitely easier for me to make it during the summer. The last half of June is pretty booked for me, but July is open at this point. It's only about a 5 hour drive for me. I'm totally down to make it happen.
Let NOTHING stand in your way.

User Info: freepizza

freepizza
3 weeks ago#13
How many of you guys are familiar with Detroit style pizza. Your answers won’t change my opinion. Just curious.
"...you should try reading my posts being getting all emo." --FoxMetal

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
3 weeks ago#14
When you ask me to picture a Detroit pizza, I picture a pizza. I have no idea how it is distinct.

I could probably make this work during most weekends over the summer. I would just need to know a bit in advance to arrange for a flight.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: ShadowSpy

ShadowSpy
3 weeks ago#15
HeyDude posted...
ShadowSpy posted...
What is there to do in Detroit?

Restaurants. The zoo. Um a good museum.

Mostly I feel like we'd just hang out and play board games and our video games?

Paper Mario marathon?
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
3 weeks ago#16
ShadowSpy posted...
HeyDude posted...
ShadowSpy posted...
What is there to do in Detroit?

Restaurants. The zoo. Um a good museum.

Mostly I feel like we'd just hang out and play board games and our video games?

Paper Mario marathon?

Paper Mario marathon that stalls out during Flower Fields. Paper Mario marathon that crashes and burns when we learn that our favored badge setups are all different from each other.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: GMTELigence

GMTELigence
2 weeks ago#17
freepizza posted...
How many of you guys are familiar with Detroit style pizza. Your answers won’t change my opinion. Just curious.

I am not. How different is it from Chicago style pizza?
Let NOTHING stand in your way.

User Info: freepizza

freepizza
2 weeks ago#18
I have no clue. Woodsy tells me Detroit style is one of the top popular styles of pizza but I never encounter anyone who's ever heard of it.
"...you should try reading my posts being getting all emo." --FoxMetal

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
2 weeks ago#19
Well, it has its own Wikipedia page. I do like that it developed from Detroit's industrial history.
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
2 weeks ago#20
I actually went to a Detroit Style pizzeria around Christmas. It came out on a basket, and baking process seemed to prioritize crust caramelization. My guess is that it's a super wet, no-knead dough, maybe with pastry flour?
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Formal request for PMS Detroit