You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. It is three weeks into May and still no Lyttle Lytton contest winners.

User Info: DontInterruptMe

DontInterruptMe
4 weeks ago#1
[http://adamcadre.ac/lyttle.html]

Submissions are due on April 15. In the past decade the winners were available:

2010: April 15
2011: April 16
2012: April 16
2013: April 23
2014: April 26
2015: April 22
2016: May 3
2017: May 1
2018: May 13
2019: ???

Is this a troubling trend? I suppose it might be a natural result if the number of submissions has grown healthily. But it's taking sooooo long now.

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
4 weeks ago#2
I did not know this existed, but I am delighted that it does.

Almost as delighted as I am that the website appears to have been made circa 2000 and stayed that way.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
4 weeks ago#3
Thanks for tomorrow's warm-up.

Well, I did a linear, quadratic, and exponential regression. The closest fit was the exponential, which predicted a winner around May 19th. But it's already the 21st!
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
4 weeks ago#4
This is really cute. I love the "quietly ovulating". That's just so cringe.

User Info: DontInterruptMe

DontInterruptMe
2 weeks ago#5
May 31st and still no winners announced. Per James's analysis, we are now 12 days away from the expected day of delivery. Either Lyttle Lytton went particularly viral last year without me noticing, leading to a more than exponential growth in audience, or something else is going on behind the scenes.

Ah, well. Hopefully we'll get this year's installment eventually.

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
2 weeks ago#6
Well, it did post this message, which I don't recall seeing before: "The 2019 Lyttle Lytton Contest has ended. Due to the all-consuming nature of my current commitments, this year’s results will be posted significantly later than in years past— likely in the second half of June. Check back then for the list of winners and the opening of the 2020 contest!"

Which will come first, the PADM results or the Lyttle Lytton?
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
2 weeks ago#7
So I've very belatedly read the 2018 winners and there are some fantastic lines in there. Let's hope the 2019 winners are just as magnificent.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. It is three weeks into May and still no Lyttle Lytton contest winners.