You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Well, yesterday was a *Day*.
My friend was supposed to interview with my current roommates yesterday evening as to him potentially replacing me on the lease. Right when he came to visit us, he heard gunshots on the nearest street corner and called 911. The police got there promptly. One of my roommates put a police scanner on and we listened to it until eventually the all clear was called (we think the gun was just fired in the air and nobody was injured). My friend's visit became just a hanging out session because at that point no one was feeling like talking roommate specifics.

Two hours later we were still in the living room watching dumb YouTube videos when my roommate noticed there was a fire in the kitchen. Apparently some faulty wiring in the fridge ignited the paper bag full of rags we keep next to it. Fortunately my roommate acted quickly with the fire extinguisher, but there were still embers left after the extinguisher was exhausted. The fire department got there promptly, nobody was hurt, and nothing major was damaged as far as we can tell.

Pretty stressful for everyone involved, though, especially my friend who was involved in two urgent 911 calls in the span of 3 hours.
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: ShadowSpy

ShadowSpy
1 week ago#2
Oh dear...sounds like it was pretty hectic. Hope your friend is still interested in rooming with you.
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
1 week ago#3
I mean, if anything, I think that would show how prepared your roommates are to deal with things that happen and make them look really prepared. It might be a plus after all?
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
1 week ago#4
Well I've been inspired to do a quick survey of where I keep my rags.
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
1 week ago#5
Geez. Glad everything was alright.
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

User Info: freepizza

freepizza
1 week ago#6
Just needed the paramedics for the trifecta.
"...you should try reading my posts being getting all emo." --FoxMetal

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
1 week ago#7
That's insanity.

User Info: zztman5

zztman5
1 week ago#8
Dang, that sounds intense. Glad you made it out the other side in one piece.
Ryan Stiles: Blue Suede Shoes?
Colin Mochrie: ...nice pants? - Whose Line Is It Anyway?, Song Titles

User Info: DontInterruptMe

DontInterruptMe
1 week ago#9
freepizza posted...

Just needed the paramedics for the trifecta.

I had been at the doctor's office for my annual physical that morning. Does that count?
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: freepizza

freepizza
1 week ago#10
I’ll give it to ya
"...you should try reading my posts being getting all emo." --FoxMetal
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Well, yesterday was a *Day*.