You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I saw Detective Pikachu. [No unmarked spoilers.]

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
1 week ago#1
I found it to be extremely fun, legitimately thrilling, and a great example of how to show respect/pay homage to the original lore while still telling an original story.

I haven't finished the 3DS game, so I have no idea how it compares. But I can say, if you have any affection for Pokemon as a franchise (from the anime to the games or anything else), it is very much worth your time to see the movie.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: freepizza

freepizza
1 week ago#2
Id like to see it. Never really played any of the games but it looks super cute.
"...you should try reading my posts being getting all emo." --FoxMetal

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
1 week ago#3
Yeah, I was pretty sure I wanted to see that (which is rare for me), and then I saw the trailer and could confirm that hell yes I wanted to see that.
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir
I absolutely concur! I didn't know I was waiting 20 years for a live action Pokémon movie, but now I both feel like I have and that it was worth the wait.
Also I have to especially tip my hat to Pikachu battling Mewtwo on Pokémon-shaped parade balloons, and then on skyscraper rooftops. Great Smash Bros. reference!
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I saw Detective Pikachu. [No unmarked spoilers.]