You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I just fell down a Wisterwood hole.

User Info: GMTELigence

GMTELigence
1 week ago#11
I read the Monty topics when I need a good laugh and a welcome reminder of how my perspective has changed over the years (2007 Jakob took unimportant things much more seriously). I read some old Gary topics from time to time as well. I know his passing left some messy residue, but he was my friend and I miss him.
Let NOTHING stand in your way.

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
1 week ago#12
I miss him, too. I felt a kinship with him being a married PMSian father. Wish I'd talked to him more.

User Info: freepizza

freepizza
1 week ago#13
Anyone else miss buttpubies? That guy always managed to bring a smile to my face.
"...you should try reading my posts being getting all emo." --FoxMetal

HeyDude
1 week ago#14
His spirit lives in our collective taint.

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
1 week ago#15
Those last 2 posts are might be the most beautiful sequential posts I have ever seen.
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

HeyDude
1 week ago#16
LinkPrime1 posted...
Those last 2 posts are might be the most beautiful sequential posts I have ever seen.

We have something of a way with words.

User Info: GMTELigence

GMTELigence
1 week ago#17
I just fell back down the hole again last night. Nick's post, especially the part I made bold for emphasis, made me laugh out loud.

#045 | Ocarinakid2 | Tue 22 Jan 2008 @ 11:06:09 AM (-0600)
"...I took a risk going to MBH, so I could keep my account and not get negative karma. Since I have 3 banned accounts on record..."

It's funny. Your efforts to not lose karma have cost you a whopping 3 accounts. The average user just posts what he thinks is appropriate. If it turns out it is inappropriate, it'll get modded, and then that user will start to post with a little more discretion.

How about you read the TOS, post what you think is safe, and just chill out. I mean, it's like 90% of your posting has to do with post moderations and the like. You're so caught up in the meaningless bureaucracy of GameFAQs (of all things) that there doesn't seem to be any reason for you to be here to begin with.
Let NOTHING stand in your way.

User Info: ShadowSpy

ShadowSpy
1 week ago#18
I remember when karma and user level used to matter to me. Then somewhere along the way, I just forgot all about it and let the passage of time bump my stats instead.

Now I just play incremental games at work, to satisfy that urge.
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
1 week ago#19
I wonder where GameFAQs fits into game-ifying habits like visiting/posting every day with a reward (Karma). Were other sites/forums doing that at the same time?
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
1 week ago#20
Karma was a relatively early thing, wasn't it? I kind of remember having precisely 1,000 when it was implemented, so that's 2004?
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I just fell down a Wisterwood hole.