You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Has anybody cooked/baked anything they're really proud of lately?

User Info: DontInterruptMe

DontInterruptMe
2 weeks ago#1
I think the best thing I've made over the last couple of months is probably the kitty litter cake for my girlfriend's cat themed birthday party:
https://imgur.com/a/jRQyLv4
Some of the guests explicitly said that it looked disgusting and they were not going to eat that without first seeing someone else take a bite, which I felt was high praise.

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
2 weeks ago#2
This is extremely impressive.

I have not attempted anything really new recently, but I did try adding fish sauce and lime juice to a spicy pork and tofu thing that I make semi regularly and it made it more vaguely Thai tasting. That was a nice twist.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/xTMKiteLn6ZLruRS8
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: ShadowSpy

ShadowSpy
2 weeks ago#3
Don't have any photos handy, but I tried my hand at making tempura a few months back, and it was a hit with my dinner guests.
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
2 weeks ago#4
I suppose my favorite things I make are things I come up with myself, like making Pasta alla Tequila (and swapping out various ingredients to give it a broad Mexican flavor profile).

I also made esquites for the end of the year party at my school last year which were the biggest hit out of all the dishes, but that was from a recipe.
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
2 weeks ago#5
Yo that cake is foul. That's expert.

I've most been making staples and spending 'real cooking time' learning bread techniques, which are surprisingly finicky. Also I have reached a point where I can cook garlic to the precise degree that the mobbed up Italian joint around the corner does. That's the $30/plate garlic.
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
2 weeks ago#6
I made a cajun rice / beans / sausage dish that was amazing. I did take a picture, but I don't have it handy.

User Info: freepizza

freepizza
2 weeks ago#7
no
"...you should try reading my posts being getting all emo." --FoxMetal
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Has anybody cooked/baked anything they're really proud of lately?