You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. So it's not like I'm engaged or anything but I am moving in with a partner.

User Info: DontInterruptMe

DontInterruptMe
2 weeks ago#11
willis5225 posted...
Dammit. Now no one can get you the instant pot during a subsequent milestone. I bet you have a soda stream too!

Re: Broadband, we're literally one block too far north for RCN, one block too far west for FiOS, one block too far east for FiOS, and one block too far south for FiOS. The overpass above the Grand Central has FiOS, but we have Cablevision (or whatever it got merged into)

Re: Broadband: Ouch!

Re: Soda stream: We actually have two (and they're both hers)

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
1 week ago#12
I never did buy an instant pot. I was married for 9 years. *shrug*

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
1 week ago#13
I can easily imagine the situation in which it's cheaper to buy a new soda stream than to buy a CO2 cartridge for a soda stream
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
1 week ago#14
Like a printer.

DontInterruptMe
1 week ago#15
So what I'm hearing is, if I ever put together a registry, it will consist entirely of things like soda stream cartridges and printer ink? Maybe some Brita filter filters? Replacement shaving razor heads?

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
1 week ago#16
All of those, other things you can find being advertised as subscription services on podcasts, and also a bunch of other things that seem cute and then will be too adored for you to practically use.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

willis5225
1 week ago#17
Yeah. Like I have a set of faux marble demitasse cups now. I have an espresso thingie, and it makes four of those, but two people live in my house. So...
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

DontInterruptMe
5 days ago#18
Update 2: We received the keys on Tuesday and have started to move our stuff in. The Big Move for most of the things is tomorrow. We also started receiving packages at the new place for furniture, etc. that we bought online.
Today we had a stack of three boxes out on the porch. I brought them all in and opened the first of us. It was a pair of curtain rods I didn't remember ordering. I checked the package again and it turns out this one was meant for apartment 2 (we're apartment 1). Whoops! So I sealed up the box with painter's tape (which is the only tape I have on hand) and put it back outside.

Should I attach a note apologizing for the opened package? I don't want to make a bad first impression on the neighbors. I'm not sure if placing an apologetic note or not placing an apologetic note makes for a worse first impression. Help, PMSbrain?

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
5 days ago#19
Probably an apology note that just explains "sorry, was expecting packages coming along with our move and didn't realize these weren't for us. Looking forward to saying hello."

Or something like that. That way the first time you meet your neighbors isn't 5 years after you all move in and there's a sewage pump problem. Which certainly didn't* happen to me and my neighbors.

*did
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

willis5225
5 days ago#20
Yeah, that's just a silly misunderstanding. Better to say it in person maybe? Be like "hah hah hah so about your curtain rods."
-Mimir
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. So it's not like I'm engaged or anything but I am moving in with a partner.