You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. So it's not like I'm engaged or anything but I am moving in with a partner.

User Info: DontInterruptMe

DontInterruptMe
2 weeks ago#1
This isn't my first time moving in with a partner. Last time we lasted about 8 months before we broke things off. This time's looking promising, though.

This is an interesting move furniture-wise because I'm getting rid of a bunch of cheap furniture I've had since college. For the first move in a while the decor question I'm asking is not "where should I put such-and-such piece of furniture I own" but "what furniture would look good in this space?" It helps that my girlfriend is into thrift stores and furniture restoration so we've found some really nice stuff for cheap.

The move proper starts on the 15th so I wouldn't be surprised if this is not my last post about it this month. Exciting times!

User Info: freepizza

freepizza
2 weeks ago#2
That sounds like fun. I’m glad for you. Thrifting is really enjoyable in my opinion.
"...you should try reading my posts being getting all emo." --FoxMetal

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
2 weeks ago#3
That sounds exciting. We're at the farther part in the relationship stuff owning cycle where we have lived together for some time and would like to replace the Ikea furniture, but nothing fits in our apartment because it's New York so ehh let's put it off until we can move to a compound in Iowa. But in spite of that, we must register for wedding gifts. If I'd known that was coming, I would have bought a cheap immersion blender all those years ago, but it's too late for me.

Don't buy an instant pot. Don't do it.
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

DontInterruptMe
2 weeks ago#4
Too late! She already has an instant pot! Why should we not buy an instant pot?

User Info: zztman5

zztman5
2 weeks ago#5
Isn’t instant pot controlled?
Ryan Stiles: Blue Suede Shoes?
Colin Mochrie: ...nice pants? - Whose Line Is It Anyway?, Song Titles

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
2 weeks ago#6
I tried taking advantage of a price mistake to get an instant pot for $10 at Target last week. Naturally, they did not honor the purchase nor bother letting me know they had cancelled the order until long after I'd stopped into Target to see if they would honor the purchase.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

DontInterruptMe
2 weeks ago#7
Update 1: I'm setting up utilities and doing research on internet providers.

The town to our south has RCN which reportedly has excellent service at good prices.

The town to our south has RCN.

If we want cable, our only choice is Comcast.

Sigh.

Kylo Force
2 weeks ago#8
Internet-only from Comcast is an option, hopefully? It's still highway robbery in my area because there is no competent competition, but it's relatively reasonably priced and the local associates are easy to negotiate with in person.

(The fact that I have to negotiate my internet rate in person every single year being its own issue, of course.)
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
2 weeks ago#9
Dammit. Now no one can get you the instant pot during a subsequent milestone. I bet you have a soda stream too!

Re: Broadband, we're literally one block too far north for RCN, one block too far west for FiOS, one block too far east for FiOS, and one block too far south for FiOS. The overpass above the Grand Central has FiOS, but we have Cablevision (or whatever it got merged into)
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

Kylo Force
2 weeks ago#10
willis5225 posted...
Dammit. Now no one can get you the instant pot during a subsequent milestone. I bet you have a soda stream too!

It's okay, there are all those other gadgets the dude uses on Binging with Babish that I'm sure will help populate the kitchen soon enough
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. So it's not like I'm engaged or anything but I am moving in with a partner.