You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
4 weeks ago#1
On the one hand, if someone is sending me something and they want to know if/when I receive it, they can have me sign for it.

On the other hand, if they want me to actually receive it, but they don't know if I did, they need to send it regularly, because the USPS never seems to be able to catch me to sign for it.
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

User Info: ShadowSpy

ShadowSpy
4 weeks ago#2
It's a pain to live in a society that both expects you to work during the daytime and also take care of errands in the same time window.
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
4 weeks ago#3
Your frustration reminds me of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjGbLPFzZbY

A couple years ago our area was infamous for having package theft as a problem. Thankfully most businesses now offer a locker pickup system (even though I do loathe supporting Amazon's monopoly over business and shipping, though it now has also expanded to Fedex packages), so I've been able to circumvent that over time.

Nothing is more frustrating than seeing the "we missed you" note on your door or mailbox, though.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
3 weeks ago#4
The place I worked in college was totally cool with us students getting stuff delivered to the office for this exact reason--there's always someone to sign for it, won't get left on a stoop, it's a business address so shipping is cheaper, all that good stuff.

Then our worst intern set up her wedding registry to ship to the office. She got pregnant on purpose in advance of the wedding for some reason, so it doubled as a baby registry and proceeded to be in no hurry to pick up her avalanche of wedding/baby gifts until it choked the space we use for new books and we got tut-tutted at for a fire code violation. Ah, truly she was the worst.
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
3 weeks ago#5
We're allowed to have things shipped to work exactly because of theft reasons, but I only do it sparingly because everything has to be processed by the university's mail system, which usually ads a day or two to delivery time (unless the delivery people just happen to know exactly where our building is and bring it to us directly.)
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb