You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
1 month ago#1
Dag yo'
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
1 month ago#2
What kind of coding are you doing?

As a CS teacher, I definitely see how it's hard.
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

LinkPrime1
1 month ago#3
Python. I'm getting absolutely manhandled in an online class I'm taking. Not fun.
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
3 weeks ago#4
But once you get the rudimentary stuff down, you look like a workplace god. I did the W3Schools tutorial for VBA like eight years ago and have not meaningfully improved my skills since and the people are like "good God man, how did you make that cell update its value? TEACH ME YOUR WISDOM BUT ACTUALLY DON'T IT SEEMS HARD"

Stick with it, is what I'm saying.
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
3 weeks ago#5
I'm seconding sticking with it. I never learned any coding, but in my previous job I did learn how to manage databases between Excel and Access and so many people I was working with was happy that I learned how to use it correctly because my boss never bothered to and left a gigantic data mess in their wake for everyone else to handle. Your skills in the eyes of others level up tremendously with any kind of knowledge like this right now.

Let me reiterate from the other topic- you can do it.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

LinkPrime1
3 weeks ago#6
I got a full refund even though I was well past the return window haha.

I appreciate the well wishes guys, but the amount of stress I was putting myself under, especially for an online class, was not healthy.

It taught me a valuable lesson though, that I can't work full time and take graduate-level courses, which was an incredibly valuable one I really needed to learn. Helped me work past a sort of crossroads of where I'm at right now.

Man I hope tomorrow goes well.