• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I'm really loving Adventure Mode on Smash Ultimate.

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
1 month ago#1
It reminds me of all those hours I spent on BattleNet playing Starcraft, –– not real StarCraft, but the people who used to it make RPG maps that were facsimiles of other things, like DBZ.

So the Smash maps making facsimiles using Smash tech of all these other non-Smash things is so enjoyable.
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
1 month ago#2
I've only dipped into World of Light a little bit for how many hours I've already played Smash, but I really think it's a lot of fun. It's a lot of attention to detail and lore that I don't think I've seen in quite awhile apart from maybe Super Mario Odyssey.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

Kylo Force
4 weeks ago#3
Played it for a few more hours tonight and really enjoyed it. Ran into an insanely tough fight against Zero Suit Samus as The Boss that I'm pretty sure I'm going to need to come back to much later on.
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
4 weeks ago#4
I've been getting my ass handed to me by a bunch of Kirbys with Star Rods...and it's super frustrating.

I like the mode, exploring the map kind of feels like Mario Party. I'm not sure if going into this on hard mode was the best move, in hindsight, but I'm determined to stick with it.
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

Kylo Force
4 weeks ago#5
That one was one of the last ones I did before stopping last night. I used Lucas and brute forced it. I also considered going in with a Franklin Badge but I'm not sure how much it would have helped.

User Info: Jacz_the_Mage

Jacz_the_Mage
4 weeks ago#6
Oh, that The Boss one was, like, one of the last ones I completed on the whole map, and it was still hard.
"You can't keep throwing people at your problems, dear." - Emma Frost to Colossus
~Jacehan~

LinkPrime1
4 weeks ago#7
Oh man Franklin Badge would be great. I don't have any spirits that give me that yet though.

I've also got some enhanceable spirits up to 99, but I guess I haven't found the master that does enhancements yet. Assuming that's how it works, anyway.
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22

Kylo Force
4 weeks ago#8
I went back to it a couple nights ago with Lucas and a team amped up to 12k+ battle power, and won it without too much trouble. Having your main helps a lot.

I'm only about halfway done, but the only one I've had to seriously change strategy for was Pauline. That stage's gimmick was terrible, but was really cheesable with the right items.

LinkPrime1
4 weeks ago#9
I've been averaging about 4k battle power for those, so I've been at a pretty hefty disadvantage for each time. I've probably cleared close to half of those 3 star and up spirits with over 9k battle power.

Kylo Force
4 weeks ago#10
Once I found main spirits that I liked, I used Snacks to help pump them up to maximum level. That's definitely been a big help in progression.

The Skill Tree has also been invaluable. My favorite abilities are the ones that let you hold a charged Smash Attack as long as you want before releasing, and then the one where you gain an extra mid-air jump (so I can double jump twice before using Up B), which is an awesome recovery option for Lucas and Ness.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I'm really loving Adventure Mode on Smash Ultimate.
  • Topic Archived