You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. This is such a busy time of year.

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
2 weeks ago#1
Or, at least, it feels like it. I wanted to have a themed game night party soon, but I was looking at my calendar as was like "Can't do this weekend, or the next one, or the next one..." I don't think I could pick a weekend without interfering with something else until January.

I mean, I could always double stack a weekend, I guess.
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
2 weeks ago#2
I for sure relate.

That's very introverted of you lol to not want to do two things in one weekend.

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
2 weeks ago#3
This is definitely the cascading time. Veteran's Day weekend being a 3 day weekend, Thanksgiving following right behind, and then the December weekends always being sort of a tossup with people trying to figure out what they're doing.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
1 week ago#4
Ugh. Two things in a weekend.
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

Jacehan
1 week ago#5
See, Will gets it.

You're right, though, that is introverted of me, and I could do two things in a weekend - but a lot of the weekends are things like "My friend's birthday" which I can't really horn in on
Paper Mario Social:

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
1 week ago#6
When I was hitting my low points, I was dying for two things in a weekend. Or three.

I've found more recently the perfect number for me is weirdly somewhere closer to 1.5. Like maybe a casual thing on Friday and a get together on Saturday, but then leave me alone on Sunday to do chores and be a house hermit.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
1 week ago#7
I mean on a professionally administered personality inventory, on which 0 is introvert and 100 is extravert, I scored a 2. So I'm with ya but I gotta laugh.

Jacehan
1 week ago#8
It's also part and parcel of being a teacher that I need one weekend day to do teacher stuff.
Paper Mario Social:
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. This is such a busy time of year.