• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I went to Big Bad Con this past weekend! (Or, yet another TTRPG topic)

User Info: Kodiologist

Kodiologist
9 months ago#71
Arkham Horror is cool, but kind of brutal, at least in the standard difficulty. I also get the impression that the starter decks aren't very well built. You have to invest some time into picking a good deck if you want to end your missions with all investigators sane and alive.
Get ye flask

User Info: ShadowSpy

ShadowSpy
9 months ago#72
I always thought Arkham Horror was more of a "move miniatures on a grid" kind of game? Cool that it has customizable decks.
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."

Kodiologist
9 months ago#73
You do move your characters between locations, but there are only a few distinct locations at a time. It's not a game about grid battle tactics. Combat, when it happens, is more abstract, like in a JRPG.
Get ye flask

ShadowSpy
9 months ago#74
Makes sense. It's definitely on my list of "games I'd like to try" at this point.

My co-worker organized a game of Scythe this week--it's been a while since I've played so I'm looking forward to it.
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."

ShadowSpy
9 months ago#75
I feel like I should clarify--this is going to be an online game. I need to take some time to learn the digital version of Scythe, since one of the players has a hard stop two hours into the game. It'll be the quickest game of Scythe I've ever played.

Kodiologist
6 months ago#76
My group has been having fun with Munchkin. We're giving the Pathfinder Adventure Card Game a try next week, which I pushed for over the somewhat lengthier and more complicated Gloomhaven.
Get ye flask

ShadowSpy
3 months ago#77
I can’t believe this topic hasn’t been closed yet

Kodiologist
3 months ago#78
Oh man, that means we've been doing Pathfinder ACG for three months. And we only just beat the starter adventure. I'm glad I finally reduced the number of locations to make it easier.
Get ye flask

ShadowSpy
3 months ago#79
I think Blood on the Clocktower has essentially taken up all of my ttrpg headspace.

Had a game today as evil team where 2 out of 3 evil players were taken out very early! It was pretty hard, but we still managed to survive until the final 3 players before losing, so I'm happy with that.

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
3 months ago#80
ShadowSpy posted...
I can’t believe this topic hasn’t been closed yet
They've really relaxed on the purge in recent-ish years
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I went to Big Bad Con this past weekend! (Or, yet another TTRPG topic)
  • Post New Message