• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I went to Big Bad Con this past weekend! (Or, yet another TTRPG topic)

User Info: ShadowSpy

ShadowSpy
1 week ago#51
Help. I may have agreed to run a 6 hour Dungeon World session for my friend's birthday.
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
1 week ago#52
...how can we help with that? That seems like a problem only you can solve.
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

ShadowSpy
1 week ago#53
I thought this was just my personal ttrpg diary that I could complain into the void to, so it was mostly a rhetorical cry for help? If that's a thing.

However, I will accept either advice or heckling, whichever you'd like to provide.
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."

ShadowSpy
5 days ago#54
The Dungeon World session went really well, and I think it was some of my best GMing to date.

I am bushed though.

User Info: Kodiologist

Kodiologist
4 days ago#55
What's Chuubo's like to actually play? Jenna Moran's games always sound interesting to me, but very intimidating. Hence, e.g., http://arfer.net/games/nobilite

ShadowSpy
4 days ago#56
In the past few months of playing Chuubo's, I'd have to say it's very much a combination of immersive RPing and writing a book/script. The way it's designed, almost everything functions as a writing prompt, and you as the player are incentivized to hit those writing prompts to earn XP. Despite being a diceless system, the outcome can still be totally unexpected!

If you are interested in spectating my Discord PbP game that just started up, let me know. I can send you a link through DM or through the #friday-night-chat discord

Kodiologist
4 days ago#57
Tempting, but I probably shouldn't commit. I've got my own campaign to worry about.

ShadowSpy
4 days ago#58
What are you playing?

Kodiologist
4 days ago#59
I'm running a Risus campaign in my own quasi-eastern-European high-fantasy setting with these guys https://www.reddit.com/r/rpg/comments/clb292/some_homebrew_for_the_undead/ and a few other kinds of weird stuff the players will discover.

ShadowSpy
3 days ago#60
Cool--that's a pretty detailed write-up. I imagine the players are specifically some kind of undead-hunting team?
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I went to Big Bad Con this past weekend! (Or, yet another TTRPG topic)
  • Post New Message