• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I went to Big Bad Con this past weekend! (Or, yet another TTRPG topic)

User Info: ShadowSpy

ShadowSpy
1 year ago#41
The con is next week! I'm pretty excited.
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."

ShadowSpy
11 months ago#42
I just realize it's been about a month since the con. I had a lot of fun, but I meant to do a writeup while the con was fresh in my mind and now it's...not.

Ah well. It was still a ton of fun!
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
11 months ago#43
We managed to keep a topic alive for a year with 43 posts.

Wow
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

ShadowSpy
11 months ago#44
It's...mostly because I just use this as a personal diary for ttrpgs.

ShadowSpy
8 months ago#45
Due to a personal dilemma, I might end up leaving my Pathfinder group and I'm really not happy about that. But still, it might be a chance for me to find different people to play indie games with. We will see!

Give me a shout out if anyone's interested in trying various indie ttrpg systems.

ShadowSpy
6 months ago#46
Update--I had my last Pathfinder session last Monday and was pretty glum about it for a few days.

But I'm already trying to put together one-shots to try out various games. Just played a very simple story game about barbarians vs. ninjas and it was pretty fun. Next, I'll put together a one-shot to play online with some friends.

If anyone here is interested, hit me up too.

ShadowSpy
5 months ago#47
Ran a one-shot of Dungeon World and I think it went decently! Playing online for four hours is a little tiring, so I'll have to think about how things can be paced better in the future, but otherwise it was a lot of fun.

ShadowSpy
5 months ago#48
Last Saturday, I played in a one-shot for Changeling: The Lost. This was my first time ever playing a World of Darkness game, not to mention a WoD 1e game. I can't say I like the system, though the game itself was fun.

I played a bodyguard who was taken into the faerie land of Arcadia and transformed into a Draconic little boy before managing to escape. Now he spends his days playing gigs at a bar, smoking cigarettes and doing the occasional bruiser-like job. The session ended with us almost having to hack off someone's arm, but we ultimately decided to crush his wrist instead. It didn't matter much, since he was going to be executed the next day anyway.

The system itself...probably would have been easier if I had a character sheet in front of me. The fact that every roll involved two stats meant there was a lot of hunting around on the online character sheet, searching for the relevant Attributes/Skills. Character creation was a pain too, just because there were so many options.

I am now out of things to run or play, so I'll probably check on LFG channels on the various Discords I'm on.

ShadowSpy
5 months ago#49
Time to put together a small group of people interested in playing an obscure slice-of-life ttrpg with complicated narrative mechanics and magical realism.

It's not going so well.

ShadowSpy
5 months ago#50
Finally gathered some online peeps who had expressed interest in Chuubo's before, and we are now in the process of picking characters and planning session zero! It feels good to have a game in progress again.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I went to Big Bad Con this past weekend! (Or, yet another TTRPG topic)
  • Post New Message