• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I went to Big Bad Con this past weekend! (Or, yet another TTRPG topic)

User Info: ShadowSpy

ShadowSpy
1 year ago#21
My Pathfinder games for the past two weeks have been cancelled because of people suddenly getting busy or being out of town. It's unavoidable, but just a little irritating to me.

Well, at least I have another Chuubo's game scheduled for tomorrow! It's been a month since the last one and we are sort of getting the hang of the system.
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."

ShadowSpy
1 year ago#22
Game had to be cut short because of a medical emergency, but the good news is that it was nothing too major. It had me pretty worried at the time though.
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."

ShadowSpy
1 year ago#23
So two weeks ago, my Pathfinder GM decided he was too busy to run our homebrew campaign anymore, but he was willing to start from scratch with a pre-made Adventure Path. We are now playing through the haunted horror adventure classic, Carrion Crown.

There's been a lot of enthusiasm for the new campaign and I've been riding the wave...there's something exciting about starting something new, I just hope the group has enough motivation to get through the whole thing though. It's dissatisfying to leave a story unfinished.

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
1 year ago#24
There's definitely something about being able to see something through to its conclusion that is very satisfying, for sure. I hope you're able to get through the story! Is there a way to incentivize it for the group for people who might start lagging through? I say this having no experience with the genre of story you're all pursuing.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

ShadowSpy
1 year ago#25
Hmm...honestly, the best incentive is to just consistently have fun whenever we get together. As long as the experience itself is enjoyable, people in the group will make time for it.

I'm sure the same can be said for any other social activity.

ShadowSpy
1 year ago#26
Today, I played Invisible Sun, which is a system that takes place in a weird surrealist magic world. The system is really fun and story focused and I really really liked the setting! Unfortunately, I felt like the game dragged on a little bit too long, and our group was focused too much on getting rules right instead of just playing. The session lasted three hours longer than I expected it to.

Still, it was nice to to sink my teeth into a different ttrpg system.

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
1 year ago#27
I've been playing Gloomhaven about once a week for the past month or two.

And now we're starting to make DnD characters for a Lost Mine of Phandelever campaign.

Needless to say, Gloomhaven has been a gateway drug for the 2 guys really into it, and we're all getting taken along for the ride haha.
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

ShadowSpy
1 year ago#28
Haha yeah. I hear a lot of good things about campign board games like Gloomhaven, but dunno if I ever can or want to get together a group for it. I'd rather just play a straight up ttrpg, y'know?

Regardless, they sound like a lot of fun.

ShadowSpy
1 year ago#29
Big Bad Con registration for 2019 just started up this week! Gosh, has it been that long already? I am excited to go back.

For those of you on the west coast who likes playing indie RPGs, I highly encourage making the trip to the bay area for the con.

ShadowSpy
1 year ago#30
Finally getting back to the Carrion Crown campaign today, after about a month-long hiatus. This is going to be our third time tackling this dungeon crawl, and I am still understandably quite nervous; many of the traps in this dungeon can basically one-hit KO me. Good thing I have a few squishy-ish tanks to hide behind.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I went to Big Bad Con this past weekend! (Or, yet another TTRPG topic)
  • Post New Message