You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I went to Big Bad Con this past weekend! (Or, yet another TTRPG topic)

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
4 weeks ago#11
I haven't replied to this topic yet at all (I thought I had?) but I wanted to say that these kinds of experiences sound really awesome especially considering how much effort goes into finding a group, finding time to play, putting everything together, etc. The kinds of board games I usually play are a step or two (or three) below this rung, but it's definitely an awesome time.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: ShadowSpy

ShadowSpy
2 weeks ago#12
Yeah, I think TTRPGs are something that everyone should try. It's a great intersection of improv, gaming and storytelling and nothing else can really match up to it...

..though finding a group, especially a satisfying one, is not easy. It's definitely frustrating when people cancel last minute or their playstyles just don't mesh with yours. Making sure the group is local adds an extra layer of difficultly to that too. You could always play online, but that comes with it's own set of difficulties.

Still, if y'all enjoy board games, there are some TTRPGs which are good pick-up games requiring no prep or experience.
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."

User Info: ShadowSpy

ShadowSpy
2 weeks ago#13
I am reminded that my last post is probably just preaching to the choir, since much of my early RP experiences actually come straight from this board, what with Paper Mario Survivor, that one Paper Mario open world game, any number of GURPs games from James etc etc. Even that Harry Potter blog community where I was one of the older Weasley brothers and was mind-controlled to join the Death Eaters. Those were some good, nostalgic times.
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I went to Big Bad Con this past weekend! (Or, yet another TTRPG topic)