I went to New York Comic Con for the first time this past weekend

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I went to New York Comic Con for the first time this past weekend

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
1 week ago#1
And it was f***ing awesome.

AMA
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
1 week ago#2
I haven't gone in, like, 8-9 years. When we went the panels and events were impossible to get in to, so we just wandered around the dealer's floor and artist alley. Was your experience similar?
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

LinkPrime1
1 week ago#3
The early panels, basically anything before 2, weren't too bad. The only one I went to that was super crowded was the Devil May Cry 5 panel, which was more of a press release but still really cool.

The expo floor was f***ing crowded as hell, I mean the whole place was, but especially so there. Artist's Alley was as well, but was probably my favorite part of it all. Saw some really cool stuff there, and obviously bought a few (missed out on one artist who sold out because I waited too long to commit), and talking to them was great as well. I actually got a personalized autograph from the original creator of Deadpool, who is an absolutely incredible guy.

I need some frames.
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
1 week ago#4
That's super awesome. I went to Emerald City Comic Con the first time a handful of years ago just as a solo and enjoyed all of the exhibits and people watching and cosplay observing but found it exhausting after just that one day (similar to my experience at PAX West, really.)

I've actually always avoided panels because I can't withstand the second-hand cringe of audience Q&A. One day I might be able to do it if the topic is super interesting or important to me, but as of now I cannot.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
1 week ago#5
"My question is more of a comment...."
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

LinkPrime1
1 week ago#6
I also completely left out that my friends did decide to cosplay. One friend and I were the announcers from Dodgeball, and we had a solid number of people recognize us! Even a professional cosplayer wanted to take a picture with us! Awesome stuff.

Honestly, all the questions at the panels I went too were excellent. My friends said they had a few bad ones, so I guess I was lucky. Some were really excellent, and any that you might've cringed at while they first came up to the microphone, were actually solid questions by the time they finished.

Awesome stuff.

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
1 week ago#7
Dodgeball is one of my favorite movies so your cosplay gets a thumbs up from me. I also hope you found an opportunity to drop the infamous line "it's time to separate the awkwardly feminine from the possibly Canadian" or any of the other commentator gems.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I went to New York Comic Con for the first time this past weekend

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.