I have a hard time listening to headphones while outside.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I have a hard time listening to headphones while outside.

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
2 weeks ago#1
Because outside is so loud, and I don't want to blast my headphones to compensate and wreck my hearing. This is especially true when I'm on the subway, but also when I'm just near it, or a truck goes by, or a bus, etc.
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
2 weeks ago#2
My compromise in an outdoor walking situation is to just put one earbud in and leave the other one off, mainly so I can still hear the noises of outside properly.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

Jacehan
1 week ago#3
I feel like that would be the opposite of what I want.
Paper Mario Social:

User Info: ShadowSpy

ShadowSpy
1 week ago#4
It's too late for me, my hearing is already wrecked. But at least I can listen to my headphones on the subway.
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
1 week ago#5
I definitely have some sort of mild form of tinnitus and it's definitely no good. I don't know if it was sourced from listening to things in headphones/earphones or blasting music in my car (could be both) but yeah, have to live with it now.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
1 week ago#6
Noise-cancelling circumaurals, my friend.

Jacehan
1 week ago#7
I guess, but those are so large!
Paper Mario Social:

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
6 days ago#8
I have the little Klipsch buds, and they're actually pretty good at noise-muffling without making you actually miss important noises like buses bearing down on you.

Also don't forget to throw the cord over the top of your ear so that the music isn't competing with the vibration from the cord knocking into your clothes!
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I have a hard time listening to headphones while outside.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.