There's a Pokemon marathon on Twitch right now.

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. There's a Pokemon marathon on Twitch right now.

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
2 weeks ago#1
They're airing around 14 episodes a day in a loop, from the very beginning of the series. It started about a week ago I think, so right now they're covering episodes from the Orange Islands arc. The episodes include the intro songs (right now Pokemon World) and the Pikachu's Jukebox segment with songs and music videos from that one album they released around 2000ish.

It's been a fun little nostalgia blast tuning in and watching. On Monday they were running the episodes from Ash's run in the original Pokemon League and that was exciting to see again.

I've been reflecting a lot on how Pokemon (but also especially Digimon) really captured my imagination back then when I was so young (even predating me arriving at this board) and how that was so difficult to conceptualize and explain to peers at the time who dismissed it so fully. Sure, I had friends who were into those things at the time, but it would be so many more years of my life until I would discover people who loved those things as much as I did. It's probably a function of how, where, and with whom I grew up with (in school and otherwise), and it may have made some peer interactions in those times not as easy as they could have been because my interests were interpreted as more niche, but I'm still glad I had those influences in the time that I did because I do think it helped shape me creatively in some of the ways that I still think of things today.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. There's a Pokemon marathon on Twitch right now.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.