Insomnia sucks

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: ShadowSpy

ShadowSpy
2 months ago#1
And it always seems to come right after I've finally gotten enough sleep the previous few nights
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
2 months ago#2
I'm with you there. Have you been having more caffeine recently, changed up what you eat, amount/types of physical/mental activity?
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

ShadowSpy
2 months ago#3
A mixture of all 3 I suspect--I got a new bag of coffee recently, been cutting back on carbs and also started working out regularly again. Pretty sure exercise is supposed to help with sleep though.
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."

Kylo Force
2 months ago#4
When I got on an exercise kick earlier on in the year, I actually had trouble sleeping because I would go later on in the evening, and then after getting home and showering, I would be awake for quite a bit afterward. But yeah, all of those things can definitely throw sleep off.
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
2 months ago#5
Yeah, being well rested is terrible for being able to sleep.

A trick I read about is that if you're lying in bed and you're not falling asleep, you can try blinking really fast for a minute straight, which will make your eyes very tired, which tricks your brain into being sleepy. It's been slightly more effective for me than counting backwards from 80, which I also heard about.
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

ShadowSpy
2 months ago#6
Counting backwards sucks, because I always end up getting to 0 and then wondering what to do next.

I'll give the blinking thing a try next time.

Kylo Force
2 months ago#7
I'm the kind of sleeper that needs some sort of white noise vs full silence (though sometimes that is also its own kind of relaxing), so almost every night I'll put on something that I'm familiar with and just stick on a sleep timer for 90ish minutes. Since it's not new information, my brain just sort of processes it as background noise and I fall asleep pretty quickly. This is an advantage of not sharing a room or bed with anyone, though.

ShadowSpy
2 months ago#8
Hey! The blinking thing was pretty helpful. Thanks wil!

User Info: PaperSpock

PaperSpock
2 months ago#9
I'm super late to the party, but if you're looking for something else to try, the Sleep With Me podcast is great. This guy rambles in just the perfect way to put me to sleep.
Fame is but a slow decay.
-Theodore Tilton

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
2 months ago#10
Nice. Also, people swear up and down that melatonin knocks them out so hard that they don't wake up in the morning. That does sound nice.
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived