• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Anyone else playing Pokemon Go?

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
4 months ago#1
They just added friend lists, and I want to be people's friends.
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
4 months ago#2
8734 5355 9492

The very best.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
4 months ago#3
I just today got a phone that could probably handle it. Is it worth getting into at this late date, or have I missed the boat?
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

Kylo Force
4 months ago#4
You could easily get into it now, and arguably it's a way more polished experience than what people jumped into when it came out two years ago.
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

Jacehan
4 months ago#5
Yeah, I would actually argue it's more of a full game now than it was upon release. There will be some limited time Pokemon you've missed, but they seem good about bringing those back around again (and now there's trading as well).
Paper Mario Social:

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
4 months ago#6
I'm still playing, although it's fairly joyless now.

0152 8832 6336

Jacehan
4 months ago#7
Oh yeah, my code is 3184 8541 0606
Paper Mario Social:

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
4 months ago#8
I got as far as downloading the app, but to sign up it wants me to enter my birthday in a calendar widget, and I just don't have the drive to scroll back through 370 odd months.
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

User Info: ShadowSpy

ShadowSpy
4 months ago#9
I deleted the game a long time ago--what do you guys find fun about it nowadays?
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."

Kylo Force
4 months ago#10
Some context:
1) My commute is very easy by bus and goes along a path that has many gyms and Pokestops on it that I can snag easily to/from work.
2) I work on a college campus that has a bajillion Pokestops everywhere (which means items are always readily available for me), many other players available for raids, and people who are super, super organized on Discord (irony) to make organizing for them easy

Things I like about Pokemon Go:
1) Almost all Pokemon up to Generation III are available, even if some of them are only available in other regions of the world.
2) There are incentives to play daily. You get an EXP bonus for catching any one Pokemon per day, and you get an EXP/item bonus for spinning any one Pokestop per day. You get an extra bonus on top of that on the 7th day in a row of catching a mon or spinning a stop.
3) It encourages me to walk around on my lunch break (which is what I do almost every day as it is anyway)
4) Catching legendary Pokemon via raids (group battles) is fun and you start to recognize the same faces on campus after awhile.
5) Gym system is revamped from the original system which makes the game way more fair for people who don't want to pay real money for anything (like me).
6) Trading has -finally- been enabled, so people who have collections of Pokemon from far off places (like I do) can trade for other ones from other far off places that I probably won't be visiting any time soon.

Things I don't like about Pokemon Go:
1) It's dumb that the app has to be open in order for it to count walking distance for hatching eggs and the only way for it to count distance while your phone is asleep in your pocket is with an (expensive) peripheral (first or third party.)
2) There are some really, really, REALLY awkward, mean, and/or socially inept people out there playing and even a year on with most of these social features enabled has not helped that. That being said, this is true for literally any game or hobby, and 95% of my interactions with other people playing Pokemon Go are perfectly pleasant.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Anyone else playing Pokemon Go?
  • Topic Archived