I'm really bad at keeping my gaming topics bumped

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I'm really bad at keeping my gaming topics bumped

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
1 week ago#71
I snagged the Tetris Effect Weekend Demo on PS4 this morning and snuck in a few rounds before going to work. It's as fantastic as I thought it would be.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

Kylo Force
1 week ago#72
After struggling with it for literal hours, I finally finished Mystery Mode on the Tetris Effect weekend demo. Holy crap, it was so hard.

The goal is to get 150 lines. What happens is, every 7-12 pieces you place, an effect gets applied to the field, and almost all of them are negative. Things like shuffling the field around, giving you the same piece over and over, zooming the camera in, or the absolute worst, flipping the screen upside down.

On top of that, the regular Tetris Effect light and sound effects apply. The game starts with very atmospheric music and simple beats. At 50 lines, the beat starts to kick in, you get a couple lines of lyrics, the controller vibrates on beat, and light effects start to kick in (depending on the stage.) At 100 lines, the light and sound effects intensify, and more lyrics to the song kick in. It's all very overwhelming in sort of a cool way.

I do hope that they revise some of the colors when the full game comes out. It's exactly what I want it to be, but sometimes they make really bad low-contrast choices for colors (for one segment in one stage, there's a dark black background and for 40 or so lines, all of the blocks are a dark crimson color).
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: ShadowSpy

ShadowSpy
5 days ago#73
Update on No Man's Sky--pretty fun so far! It definitely has a steep learning curve, but it really scratches the exploration itch. I've completed the tutorial missions and am wondering what I should focus on next...there's a lot of ways to make money and a lot of different things to upgrade, which leads to analysis paralysis.

I am waiting for my friend to get back from vacation so that we can try multiplayer as well. Maybe build a base and get some kind of factory going. In the meantime, I guess I will just wander through a few solar systems.
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."

Kylo Force
3 days ago#74
Tetris Effect was released yesterday and by the modern magic of living on the west coast, I got to play it at 9 PM. It's incredible. If you have any love for Tetris and access to a PS4, I cannot recommend it enough. Best Tetris since Tetris DS.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I'm really bad at keeping my gaming topics bumped