You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I'm really bad at keeping my gaming topics bumped

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
2 months ago#61
Other than collecting all of the Korok Seeds, which I will likely never do on purpose, the only thing I really haven't done yet is finishing Trial of the Sword.

I am excited that Super Mario Party is coming out this Friday, and a few friends and I are getting together to play it a bunch. It's games season. Looking forward to Tetris Effect for PS4, and of course, Smash.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb
(edited 2 months ago)

Kylo Force
2 months ago#62
Can verify that Super Mario Party is fun. Have played two games and a handful of extra mini games so far. The boards are simpler but the new dice mechanics (everyone has a specialized dice + a regular d6 to choose from each turn) and the minigames themselves lend to a really fun experience.
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

Kylo Force
2 months ago#63
Super Mario Party continues to be fun. The 2v2 team battle mode is the best of the bunch with free movement, potential to buy 2 (and then possibly 4?!) stars in a single turn if luck is on your side, and the bonuses feel like they really matter.

User Info: ShadowSpy

ShadowSpy
1 month ago#64
I never think I need party games until, suddenly, I need party games. Maybe I'll grab Mario Party soon, but I can't imagine when I would play it next.
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."

Kylo Force
1 month ago#65
I've only played it a handful of times on my own, and really only for unlocking new modes (and a single new board?) and games for play with other people.

Dipping back into Pokemon Alpha Sapphire after a long hiatus from last April, but not sure if I'm actually going to finish it or not.

I've had my eye on Assassin's Creed Odyssey, Spiderman, and Red Dead Redemption II, but I might just wait because Smash will come in December and then Kingdom Hearts 3 at the end of January.

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
1 month ago#66
Kylo Force posted...
Other than collecting all of the Korok Seeds, which I will likely never do on purpose, the only thing I really haven't done yet is finishing Trial of the Sword.

Oh yeah, how is the DLC? It looks... not worth $20.
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

Kylo Force
1 month ago#67
willis5225 posted...
Kylo Force posted...

Oh yeah, how is the DLC? It looks... not worth $20.

Trial of the Sword was only okay to me, but The Champion's Ballad was worth the full $20, I thought. I'd recommend it only after completing all of the Shrines and Memories (if not after completing the game at least once.)
(edited 1 month ago)

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
1 month ago#68
Yeah, I really enjoyed the DLC. (I actually played through again on Master Mode, but wearing the Korok mask the entire time and got so many more seeds.)
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

ShadowSpy
1 month ago#69
Yeah, there's a lot of quality of life things in the DLC.

Korok mask gives you a feasible way of hunting for Korok seeds. Hero's Path lets you more or less visit places you've never been. Then there's also the item that lets you call your horse to you whenever and also the item that lets you place a teleportation spot wherever you want. It doesn't make it an entirely new game, but it makes the game that's already there quite enjoyable.

And if you're hankering for a challenge, Master Mode should turn it up a notch.
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."

ShadowSpy
1 month ago#70
No Man's Sky is 50% off and my friends says a lot of good things about it, so I think I'll give it a try.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I'm really bad at keeping my gaming topics bumped