• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I'm really bad at keeping my gaming topics bumped

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
10 months ago#411
Super Mario 3D All-Stars has released and it is a very lovely package.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/745612648?collection=CIXlyAcdNhY-7Q

If you want an extended preview for how the three games look on Switch, you can check that link. If you mouse over the title, you can skip between the three games. There's also one longer video of the entire stream, if that's more your thing.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
10 months ago#412
I played like 40 minutes of Hades yesterday, and it is as Pretty Great as many suggested.
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

Kylo Force
10 months ago#413
I am still playing all three games in the Super Mario 3D All-Stars collection. All three are fun. Sunshine is the worst of the bunch but I swear that's because they couldn't really get the conversion right going from Gamecube to Switch. There's multiple things about the controls that I just wonder if they just couldn't get right (the amount of "pressure" to assign to the R buttons to simulate holding the R trigger on the GCN controller down at different levels being one of the biggest). I'm still going to finish all three, but probably not go for all 120 in Sunshine (probably just the 76 Shines and skip most of the Blue Coins.)

I picked up Hades and I love it so much more than I thought that I would. Highly recommended even though it's not generally a genre of game that I like.
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

Kylo Force
10 months ago#414
Super Mario Bros. 35 is both totally dumb and a ton of fun, which is a great combination. It's definitely got some polishing that could be done, but I like the idea overall of a platformer battle royale.

User Info: Kodiologist

Kodiologist
10 months ago#415
The game [Super Mario Bros. 35] will be playable until March 31, 2021.

Companies are really going mask-off with the planned obsolescence these days.
Get ye flask
(edited 10 months ago)

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
10 months ago#416
I can't remember if I've talked about how great Control is in this topic, but Control is so great. I got to the part that's the followup to the high point of Alan Wake, and though it was plainly derivative, it masterfully differentiated itself and ruled.

Specifically:
The Cigarette Maze is the followup to the fight on the stage of the Anderson farm. The setup was great--there's a slow drip of more and more documents Alan Wake "easter eggs" until it's clear that no, that was a major incident in the game world and you're sort of investigating it. The hand-off of Ahti's walkman is excellent, especially after the "no modern technology" signs everywhere. Finally, you get to the maze and the music cuts in. It *promises* a huge explodey fight, but it keeps revealing rooms of enemies, making you think you're going to blow them all away, but no. That's not what Control is about. The FBC is *vastly* outnumbered and outgunned by the crazy stuff in the world, and there is no escape for it. It's a job that grinds you down until it takes everything and you die, but you get to pass it on to somebody else. Alan Wake gets to escape--or to have the hope of escape--but Jesse needs to keep the plate spinning forever. The sequence is a spatial puzzle, a dance. You don't fight the big rooms full of Hiss soldiers--you sequester them, move past them, rely on the organization and on the systems put in place by your predecessor to contain them.

At the end of the day, the message is: Don't defer routine maintenance.
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

Kylo Force
10 months ago#417
Kodiologist posted...
Companies are really going mask-off with the planned obsolescence these days.

I'm really hoping they reverse this decision, because I can't imagine why it would need to be the case unless they're going to replace it with something equally bonkers like Legend of Zelda 99 or something like that.

Kylo Force
9 months ago#418
I have finished the final bosses of Super Mario 64, Super Mario Sunshine, and Super Mario Galaxy. I haven't 100%'d any of them, but I am going to do a bonus episode of each of them as a bit of a wrap-up.

If you want to play along with me, I have the collections here (Twitch should save where you are in the video if you very understandably don't want to watch all of a video at once.) You can flip between parts on desktop by mousing over the video and then clicking in the top left corner.

Super Mario 64:
https://www.twitch.tv/collections/0CK5zgWWNhZ-5g

Super Mario Sunshine:
https://www.twitch.tv/collections/vZY6EiGXNhZcdg

Super Mario Galaxy:
https://www.twitch.tv/collections/ocC2_RaXNha6eA

I'll eventually do Odyssey again when I get my copy of it back. But until then I'm probably going to see if I can beat Hades for the first time and play some shorter stuff.

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
9 months ago#419
I still play games.

Rocket League grinding

FFXIV sidequesting

Hades runs

Woooo
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

Kylo Force
9 months ago#420
In the three weeks since I last posted here, I have also been playing games. Mostly digging back into games I can play in short bursts, like Puyo Puyo Tetris / Tetris 99, Animal Crossing, and Hades.

Also tried Don't Starve Together with a couple friends last weekend, and that was fun.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I'm really bad at keeping my gaming topics bumped
  • Post New Message