• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I'm really bad at keeping my gaming topics bumped

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
1 month ago#341
Yeah, I guess there's room for a longer discussion about how games more and more often involve having enough fun with them and being done rather than finishing them. Both because so many are roguelites for no reason (or Harvest Moon-likes) and because they're just spread a little thin and with too many overlapping-but-not-coherent narratives (like Far Cry 5!).

Room on some kind of board that provides a space for communication between people interested in the same narrow subject.
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
1 month ago#342
I do hate how so many games are rogue-likes and rogue-lites these days. I'm just not a fan. Lites are better than likes, of course, but I prefer a solid sequential narrative.
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
4 weeks ago#343
POGEYMANS

/caps
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

User Info: ShadowSpy

ShadowSpy
4 weeks ago#344
Cuphead is hard, but in a good way. I tried playing it co-op with my wife, but she rage-quit pretty quickly, so now it's just a solo game for me.

I intend to finish Okami at some point too, but I got to a really weird point of the story where like..it feels like I hit the climax already? And yet the story keeps going. It's lost a lot of the tension, despite the dangling plot threads which remain.
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
4 weeks ago#345
I have played almost nothing but Animal Crossing since the last time I posted in this topic and I regret nothing.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: freepizza

freepizza
4 weeks ago#346
Been playing the new mario maker update. Actually created a couple of levels. Still trying to make my way through ff7 classic. Just got Celeste as well an am probably half way through that.

"...you should try reading my posts being getting all emo." --FoxMetal

User Info: ShadowSpy

ShadowSpy
4 weeks ago#347
I've been tempted to get Animal Crossing myself, but I realize that A) I don't want to commit myself to this game for the next year to see all the holiday event and B) I hate mucking around with the system clock, so I haven't bothered.
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."

willis5225
4 weeks ago#348
I kind of enjoyed the "check once or twice a day" webgames of our youth (Alien Adoption Agency?) so I was open to AC. It's still really easy to log on for one thing and end up fishing up beetles because the guy who buys beetles is there and you need the money to buy shrubs.

I started running Bloodstained: The 3dish One and it's... fine. I don't regret buying or opening it, but it's wooden for a post-Dead Cells world, y'know?
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

willis5225
4 weeks ago#349
I guess, to circle back, I wish this was Dead Cells with a plot and progression and levels with interesting deliberate layouts.
-Mimir

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
3 weeks ago#350
Holy crap @ Alien Adoption Agency. Talk about something I haven't thought of in what like decades. And this is coming from someone who checked in to Neopets this past June just to see what's up (and yes, everything is still there and it all looks exactly like you remember it.)

A guy on the local buy and sell was selling his copy of Breath of the Wild for $25. I picked it up since my copy is currently out on loan and I've had the feeling to revisit the game in Master Mode since watching Super Beard Bros begin to take it on.

I'll probably just sell the extra copy once I get mine back.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I'm really bad at keeping my gaming topics bumped
  • Post New Message