• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I'm really bad at keeping my gaming topics bumped

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
1 month ago#311
Tetris 99 got a Team Battle mode this week. I tried it and have enjoyed it. You're split into teams based on what you choose in the beginning, but there's no guarantee that the teams will be balanced. A larger team means a numbers advantage, but a smaller team will benefit from higher attack power from being targeted by multiple people and have more people overall to farm KOs to further increase attack power.

To see it in action, check this clip from a stream I did earlier this week (naturally, it's from the single game I won after losing repeatedly for around an hour):
http://www.twitch.tv/bombsolomon/v/520222494?sr=a
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: ShadowSpy

ShadowSpy
1 month ago#312
I've been playing Okami instead--it's been really scratching my LoZ-style adventure game itch.
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
1 month ago#313
I seem to have hit 350 hours in Slay the Spire. I regret nothing.
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

ShadowSpy
1 month ago#314
I've easily racked up 150+ hours in Slay the Spire simply because I leave it on in the background while thinking about boss fights or difficult decisions. I, too, regret nothing.
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."

willis5225
4 weeks ago#315
You checked out the mod scene? I've tried maybe 10 or 15 characters and found three pretty good ones.
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

Kylo Force
4 weeks ago#316
The recent, very excellent documentary video on Super Mario Bros 3 has me dipping into that game again recently. Wish I had the NES controllers for Switch, but the SNES controller works almost just as well.

The video is highly recommended if you have a bit of time to sit down and watch. High production values and excellent presentation: https://youtu.be/MxT6IwUtLSU
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

Kylo Force
2 weeks ago#317
I've been playing even more Tetris 99 and even got a good stream going while I was playing Invictus. Had some fun viewer interaction for the first time. Definitely going to save the video eventually but here's a temporary link for people who might want to see:

http://www.twitch.tv/bombsolomon/v/531718111?sr=a

willis5225
1 week ago#318
Been playing Dicey Dungeons, a rogue-light with card + dice elements (it reminds me of Yahtzee or Machi Koro + Slay the Spire). I either suck at it or it's hard.
-Mimir

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
1 week ago#319
I've been playing Co-op Luigi's Mansion 3 and Shovel Knight, both of which have been fun. And then playing Pokémon Sword when he doesn't feel like playing. I've caught enough of 'em all that the Pokédex stopped giving me suggestions, but still have a ways to go, never mind version exclusives.
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

ShadowSpy
1 week ago#320
Playing Monaco on the Switch with my wife it is a ton of fun. Unfortunately, co-op games on the Switch means one of us has to resort to using the drifting JoyCons and that has been a major pain to deal with. I think it's about time I swapped them in for working ones.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I'm really bad at keeping my gaming topics bumped
  • Post New Message