• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I'm really bad at keeping my gaming topics bumped

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
2 weeks ago#301
I just printed out the thing to send one of my pairs of joycons to Nintendo to fix but haven't gotten around to actually doing it yet.
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
2 weeks ago#302
I'm continuing to dig into FE: Three Houses on the Blue Lions route. The story continues to get juicier in ways I did not anticipate. My characters are developing well, except Ingrid who I want to be really good but her strength is so low that it makes it hard to use her as I want to. She will prevail.

Use of NG+ features has made recruiting other characters almost too easy, and I've decided to try to recruit as many of them as absolutely possible. The way that I'm going, I'll probably miss Lorenz, Ferdinand, and Petra. I'm not trying too hard to recruit too many Black Eagles characters so that I can save their character development arcs for when I actually play the Black Eagles route.

Smash continues. I played some 8-player matches on this past Saturday for fun with friends at a birthday and got some solid wins, except when I played Dr. Mario. Dr. Mario is one of my favorite characters but he is seriously terrible in SSBU. Getting a good KO with him feels very satisfying.

The company I'd been playtesting board games over the summer for is having their end of the year / product launch party on Sunday, where I will be receiving copies of the games I helped playtest (this I did not expect.) I'm fairly excited about this.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
1 week ago#303
I think this is going to be a 500 topic!

Kylo Force
1 week ago#304
I had an unusually large amount of time over the weekend to play games so I dug deep into FE: Three Houses and just reached the second half of the Blue Lions / Dimitri storyline. If you told me at the beginning of the Blue Lions route that Dimitri would eventually turn into a rampaging, bloodthirsty, psychopathic killer then I never would have been able to guess. It's still developing and I still find the Golden Deer to be more interesting overall, but I'm still very interested to see how this all turns out.
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

Kylo Force
2 days ago#305
I picked up Pokemon Sword on Thursday night last week and have played to the point where I now have three badges. Here are summaries after I got just one badge and then after I finished playing last night and got two more (these happen in the story in fairly quick succession if you want them to):

I'm one badge in and am really enjoying it. So far, the story is light and enjoyable, the QOL upgrades are nice, and the addition of the Wild Area is great. I also like that they give you a larger amount of money in the beginning than seems necessary but then immediately give you a bunch of customization options for your character to help with the relative lack of variety of default character models.

From what I've seen the graphics seem crisp and nice to look at in a stylized kind of way. The game isn't necessarily that challenging (except for some Wild Area encounters) but it doesn't really need to be either.

I'm making it a point to try to use as many new Pokemon as possible, while also catching as many as I can. I like that there's a huge variety of Pokemon to catch even before the first city and especially before the first gym, so you have a very wide pool to choose from and also very easy ways to switch things up as you go along.

---

I finished through the third gym last night (finished the second and third one in quick succession) and I really like the strength of the adventure narrative in the game. Even if it's not pushing any boundaries, Galar feels like an actual lived-in world in both the environments and the people that live in it, and the cast of characters overall feels really solid. I also really like the way they managed to "gate" the first part of the adventure from the rest of it in the map structure and the use of the badge limitations that did it in a believable way.

I have the problem of being slightly ahead of the level curve because I made a second run through the Wild Area before trying to progress to the second gym. I stand by what I said about it feeling very Xenoblade Chronicles X because if you try to press forward into the Wild Area at that point there are definitely a lot of mons that appear that can easily wipe your team even with correct type matching due to the sheer difference in level.

The fact that you can catch 50+ kinds of Pokemon prior to the first gym is really, really outstanding (especially compared to the 6ish you could get in BW). I love almost all the new Pokemon I run into and imposing a soft restriction on myself to only use new ones has helped me find some new favorites already.

I'm going to try to savor the rest of the game because it is apparent that it's probably going to progress fairly quickly from here. But I do think that it's a really solid, fun, light experience and a nice break from Fire Emblem: Three Houses which can be really heavy and dense to take in. Nothing wrong with a fun and light adventure and lots and lots of monsters.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I'm really bad at keeping my gaming topics bumped
  • Post New Message