You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I'm really bad at keeping my gaming topics bumped

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
3 months ago#31
Got my Switch back and started playing BOTW again because seeing my friend go through it gave me a strong itch to play it again. Still great.

How's Octopath? Still holding up?
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
3 months ago#32
I haven't played it as much lately, but got a solid hour in on Sunday. I guessed reading all the criticisms has turned me off a little bit, but I still like it.

Still have 3 party members to recruit, the dancer, knight, and alchemist.
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

User Info: ShadowSpy

ShadowSpy
3 months ago#33
I picked up Dead Cells and started playing yesterday. It's pretty fun so far, though I can't get past the first boss yet! It really seems like the Switch has no shortage of small and fun indie games.
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."

LinkPrime1
3 months ago#34
I've been real curious about Dead Cells...
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22

ShadowSpy
3 months ago#35
Not sure how much you know about it, but it's a roguelite action platformer in the Metroidvania style. There's a lot of ways to progress, even though you have to start over every time you die, and so far I've been leaning towards bow and trap builds.

I think to become better at this game, I'm going to have to work on my dodge roll timing and learning the enemy boss patterns. It should be a pretty short game, and possible to beat in one runthrough, but I have no clue what happens after I do beat the game. Possible that I just unlock some new features for future runs.

The game also has plenty of exploration to it, the way Metroidvania does. Even though dungeons are randomly generated, there are hidden rooms and tunnels all over the place. Some hidden areas also build on the setting and fill in a story of where and what you are. Can't say much more than that, since I've only been playing for a few hours.
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."

LinkPrime1
3 months ago#36
So I had watched the animated trailer and liked it. I think the medtroidvania aspect to a roguelike is cool, because I always revisit old areas in those games so I'd like to feel rewarded for it, you know?

I think I'm committed to buying it, but I dunno for what console, either Switch or PS4. Also the fact that there's a physical edition is enticing too.

Kylo Force
2 months ago#37
Played about 1.5 hours of FF6 so far. Finally settled that I'm going to play the SNES version (via SNES Classic.) It's as charming as everyone told me it would be.
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

LinkPrime1
2 months ago#38
I need to grab the SNES classic...

Blargh. Glad you're enjoying it. I tried to play it on FF Anthology and it wouldn't load properly.

Kylo Force
2 months ago#39
They're becoming more and more available! Most times I go to the local Target or Best Buy there's at least one or two there.

ShadowSpy
2 months ago#40
I opened up my old Factorio save file this morning and realized I completely forgot how to play that game. It was still fun though!
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I'm really bad at keeping my gaming topics bumped