• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I'm really bad at keeping my gaming topics bumped

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
2 weeks ago#281
I want to keep going in Fire Emblem but I keep getting pulled into nightly sessions of Smash (if this isn't the most eyerolling first world problem I've experienced, I don't know what is).
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: ShadowSpy

ShadowSpy
2 weeks ago#282
My workplace got a Killer Queen arcade machine a few months ago, and I have been addicted to this game. Been playing it every day around lunchtime for a while now. It's a lot of fun!

-Team-based competitive matches which last about 3 minutes
-Three different victory conditions
-Simple but engaging combat mechanics

I should definitely get it when it comes out on Switch.
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."

Kylo Force
2 weeks ago#283
I got to play Killer Queen at PAX two years ago and it is a total blast. My group here is going to have a party for it on release day on Switch.
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

Kylo Force
1 week ago#284
Got to play 4v4 local play Killer Queen Black last night. Getting two Switch consoles to reliably connect together ad-hoc is sort of a pain but the 4v4 action is just as fun as I remember it being at PAX a couple years ago.

The way it works is that there are two teams of four, with one Queen and three Warriors on a 2D, one-screen map. The Queen has a sword and can kill members of the other team including the opposite queen, but if she does three times, her team loses. The warriors can pick up berries from places on the map and return them to a number of home base stations and if they fill them all up, their team wins. They can also pick up buffs like simple weapons and shields to assist killing the opposite queen or defending each other. Last, there's a snail that sits in the middle of the map. If a warrior rides the snail from the middle of the map all the way to the finish line on their side of the map, they win.

4v4, three ways to win any given game. The action gets pretty intense, but I do wish there were a more reliable way to connect two systems to facilitate 4v4 action or a way to allow for 8 players on a single console.

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
1 week ago#285
There's an arcade not far from here that has it. I want to grab some people and go.
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
4 days ago#286
I picked up Indivisible which is a weird name for a JRPG with QTEs and some exploration mechanics. Like an hour in and I'm digging it.

Wife and I have been playing Unravel 2 which I recommend without reservation, as well as some Goose Game.
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
4 days ago#287
I borrowed Link's Awakening from a friend and had a good time with that, while glad I didn't pay $60 for it. I've also played some of the Apple Arcade games on the free trial. Currently playing Shinsekai: Into the Depths, a Capcom game that's basically an underwater metroidvania where the main limiting factor is how deep you can dive. (You upgrade your suit to dive deeper as the game progresses.)
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

willis5225
4 days ago#288
I have $40 left on a best buy card and I keep almost buying Link's Awakening and then at the last minute not, and I think that's the right call for me.
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

Kylo Force
4 days ago#289
Link's Awakening was my absolute favorite LOZ gave prior to Breath of the Wild, I had tons of fun with it on Switch, and even I'm trying to unload it before the value dips too much. It's gorgeously presented and a great update, but somehow also lacks the charm and staying power of the original.

I felt similarly with Pokemon Let's Go. An awesome retelling of the first gen story with really great and hilarious writing and somewhat updated features, but ultimately just a nice distraction before Sword and Shield.

willis5225
2 days ago#290
Come to think of it, I went through the same exercise repeatedly with Pokemon Let's Go before LA came to occupy that mental space.

I really have to plug Indivisible. The tempo-based combat is really neat and fresh possibly because I don't play that many JRPGs and the characters are vivid and engaging.

It's also the only game I know that uses Magical Central Asia for a setting. That's so sensible! Himalayan iconography is metal as hell! I turn into a tantric rage deity sometimes!
-Mimir
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I'm really bad at keeping my gaming topics bumped
  • Post New Message