• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I'm really bad at keeping my gaming topics bumped

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
4 weeks ago#261
I finished my first run of Fire Emblem: Three Houses yesterday and I found the ending extremely thrilling, genuinely challenging, and heartwarming finding out what happened to all of my characters afterward. (And this is me playing on Normal Casual, which seeing it spelled out like that might be one of the best stealth insults built into a game I've ever seen.)

Looking forward to a second playthrough to see how things change, but I haven't decided if I'm going to go with Edelgard or Dimitri yet. Claude was an easy first pick and I'm glad I went with him; I ended up falling in love with all of the characters. I found all of them to be well written, believable, and with depths that didn't seem contrived... which is an accomplishment considering how many characters there actually are.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
4 weeks ago#262
Dimitri has more overlap with Claude, if that has any influence on which you pick. (I wound up doing Claude --> Dimitri --> Edelgard. If I were to tell someone coming in fresh which order to do it, knowing they would do all 3, I would suggest Dimitri --> Edelgard --> Claude, but if only doing one run, Claude is the best.)
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

Kylo Force
4 weeks ago#263
I ended up going with Dimitri since everyone else I know went with Edelgard first. I find the entire house boring as bricks but that's not entirely fair to them because I know the character development hasn't kicked in yet.

Also I overestimated Dedue'e tanking ability and ended up losing Dimitri in the mock battle in the first chapter after you choose a house, which I think is hilarious. It was on Normal Casual though so we're okay. Looking forward to being a little more min max-y while playing, at least in making sure I'm using Renown to good effect.
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

Jacehan
4 weeks ago#264
I went with BL second because I noticed most of the characters I wanted to recruit in my first run were from BL. (Well, mainly Sylvain and Felix.)

I played my first run on Normal Casual but my latter two on Hard Classic, because the Divine Pulse gives enough leeway to make Classic still not as punishing, but better than just "oh well, he died, just keep pushing through." Especially in NG+ with, like, 11 pulses per map.
Paper Mario Social:

Jacehan
4 weeks ago#265
Also, I recommend recruiting Caspar for this run. It lets you get a pretty good Paralogue you can't get in other branches.
Paper Mario Social:

Kylo Force
4 weeks ago#266
I'll probably need to do that anyway since it doesn't look like anyone's a brawler in BL unless I'm remembering incorrectly.

Jacehan
4 weeks ago#267
I used Dedue as my puncher, but still as an armored knight. It was amusing to have him stand there, take no damage, and then punch people to death.

Also, for some reason I found Dimitri to be hotter when he was brawling. Weird.
Paper Mario Social:
(edited 4 weeks ago)

Kylo Force
2 weeks ago#268
Picked up Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist: Link Evolution on Switch because when you double dip why not triple dip

Attempted to play Smash last night but the lag was extraordinarily terrible so we only played about three matches before going to bed.

Also figuring out how to connect all of the equipment necessary for streaming and get everything working properly is much more of a challenge than I thought it would be, but it's slowly getting there.

Kylo Force
1 week ago#269
Jumped back into the Blue Lions campaign in Three Houses and the characters are just as interesting as I thought they would be. Even Dimitri, who I thought was as dull as a sack of potatoes, is starting to shape up into something.

Being more purposeful about recruiting this time around, but we'll see how many characters I actually end up getting. I'm not even sure if I'm going to use them all (I want to save the Black Eagles characters for when I do a playthrough on Edelgard's route).

Jacehan
1 week ago#270
On my second run I recruited literally everyone, which is a bit ridiculous. For my third run I recruit who was necessary to see specific support convos. Like, Edelgard has a support convo with Lysithea, and you can only see that on a BE run, so I made sure to recruit Lysithea.
Paper Mario Social:
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I'm really bad at keeping my gaming topics bumped
  • Post New Message