You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I'm really bad at keeping my gaming topics bumped

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
2 weeks ago#251
Three Houses continues to thrill me. Discovering that there's by-location fast travel rather than just by-quest giver fast travel during the Explore segments has improved the game by orders of magnitude.

Hero released in Super Smash Bros Ultimate and he's the ultimate in crazy RNG, in that he has 16 different down-B moves and four of them appear at random, in a random order, every time you use down B, and you need to select a move from that menu for him to actually perform it. There's a crazy toolbox of skills there.

You can see gameplay of Hero here: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/460386141
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
2 weeks ago#252
That looks *very* silly
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

Kylo Force
2 weeks ago#253
If you think that looks silly, I hope you stuck around long enough to see me use the Kamikazee skill (spelled wrong intentionally, there's an internal logic to how Dragon Quest spells are named that I first found infuriating but now find charming) to blow myself up in a 1v1 situation and lose instantly.
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

willis5225
2 weeks ago#254
No but I watched several more minutes just now (I've watched four ads? Has that gotten you a penny yet? I hope so). That was enough to convince me to buy the character pass, which has lead to clearing out the holdouts in Adventure Mode with Hero who is super weird. I Kamikazed on the spirit board for some reason just to see what would happen, but it's so obvious what would happen.
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

Kylo Force
2 weeks ago#255
Hero's gameplay is so completely weird and different but there is a satisfying strength to the majority of his moves, especially the other special moves.

Also assuming Twitch's structure is anything like YouTube's, a single view is worth around 1/8th of a penny to the uploader; or at least it would be if I had already hit the threshold to be eligible for monetizing and earning money directly from the platform on Twitch (which I am not.) But thanks for enduring a stupid number of ads to watch additional gameplay, hear my thumbs clicking sticks and pressing buttons, and probably my occasional chair shift or cough.

willis5225
2 weeks ago#256
You inspired me to get the season pass (since I don't know what a joker is and I haven't played DQ but yeah Hero looked super weird and I was into it) and can confirm that s/he's weird and satisfying to play right.

The Classic Mode is not an optimal intro.
-Mimir

Kylo Force
2 weeks ago#257
I knew nothing about Persona 5's content but I knew that it was very popular. I knew it was very popular because multiple people in front of and behind me in line at the 9 PM* release of Smash Ultimate had happiness meltdowns of epic proportions of excitement at the mere announcement that he would be added to Smash Bros.

I still know precious little about Persona but I think Joker is a cool character for Smash and I love how flashy his Final Smash and win screen are, and I especially love that if you win with his Final Smash, the game transitions directly from the end cinematic screen of that move directly to the results screen, which oozes style.

I know even less about Dragon Quest lore, but I love that they position Robin to be the analogue for his adversary in the story mode and that all of his battles in story mode are done in Stamina. If there's something Smash Ultimate does right, it's getting a lot of these little lore details done in a way that feels really clever (especially in the story mode and in World of Light.*)

*9 PM because that's midnight on the east coast and apparently that's good enough for my local Best Buy

*World of Light is still almost unforgivingly boring at worst and an overly long slog at best, but when they nail a lore in-joke with the tools they have, they really, really nail it

willis5225
2 weeks ago#258
Yeah, I'll 100% cosign the "when WoL does lore right, it does it right" claim. Street Fighter just kills me for a number of reasons, but making you play Street Fighter But It's Smash was brilliant.
-Mimir

User Info: Toaps

Toaps
2 weeks ago#259
Kylo Force posted...
I got Fire Emblem: Three Houses because I have poor impulse control. I am enjoying it despite it being half anime simulator and half tactical battle RPG rather than tilting heavier toward the latter half of the equation. Literally everything involving characters is fully voice acted and I find that extremely impressive.

same. got it because i always get FE titles. weird thing is i never finished Awakening, but i'm having a blast with 3H. i thought for sure i'd be turned off by all the rp but i'm finding myself rushing through battles just to explore and recruit.

Kylo Force
1 week ago#260
^ hello sir

I am completely sucked in to Fire Emblem: Three Houses. I must have played for 6 or 7 hours total this weekend. I'm in what I think must be the second half and the gameplay is great, the story is great, and I'm pretty sure the greater majority of the cast would all like to get married and have babies (aka par for the course in this series.) Thoroughly enjoying it.

Dipped into Smash Bros because my friends are practicing for a tournament at their work, which I thought was sort of fun. But apparently it's being set up by their area manager for all of the department(s) they supervise so it's... very large scale? One of them specifically said they didn't want to get beaten by some random person in accounting (they work in IT) so they've been working to step their game up.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I'm really bad at keeping my gaming topics bumped