You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I'm really bad at keeping my gaming topics bumped

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
2 weeks ago#241
I've been playing Elsinore the past few days, which is basically Majora's Mask, but Hamlet. It's pretty good.
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
2 weeks ago#242
Oh I guess this is as good a time as any to share this info (I have no idea whether you can gift things on Steam, but also that card should be here any day now)
Steam: willis5225
Nintendo Friend Code: SW-3978-1282-7205

Also did you guys know you can hit ctrl+b and the post form adds or closes the bold tag? This is a game changer.
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
1 week ago#243
Most interestingly, you can use CTRL+B on a Mac, which is what my work computer is (though I vastly prefer Windows on a PC and is what I use at home and always make mistakes switching from shortcuts back and forth.)

Mario Maker is still a ton of fun. Smash Bros is plenty of fun.

Dr. Mario World launched on mobile yesterday and it is fun, challenging, mostly fair on microtransactions (so far, anyway), and also not really a Dr. Mario game. It's based on match-3 and everything falls up instead of down. But I like it as an on the go puzzle game. I'm not a fan about how it requires an internet connection. A big plus is that playing PVP doesn't use up any of the "hearts" that recharge over time to play the 1-player levels, so if you exhaust your supply of hearts, you can always hop over to PVP to get a quick fix. Overall I think the balancing around being free to play vs including microtransactions is handled here a lot better than it was in the Mario Kart Mobile demo, and coins (the free currency earned through regular play) are abundant enough that I've been able to get new companions / level up ones I already have (at luck of the draw/gatcha status) a couple times without ever paying any real money.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
2 days ago#244
I had a fairly free weekend, which means that I alternated between being productive doing things like laundry and cleaning house, and then furiously ignoring all adult responsibilities and playing video games.

Dr. Mario World is still addicting. I'm 150 levels in and as you get better at the mechanics, all of the levels have been possible without using any microtransactions stuff. The fact that the VS mode doesn't use any "energy" or have a limit on playing is also a great reason to dip into it, AND plays completely differently because you're playing another person against time instead of playing more strategically like you do in the main game. It deserves your attention.

Mario Maker 2 continues to be charming.

Last weekend I bought the Ace Attorney Trilogy on a whim because I wanted to show my friends that game and play through the first case with them, hopefully to snag their attention with it. It only mostly worked even if they were intrigued by it. I've dipped into it again and am deep into 1-3, and I'm having a blast going through it again. I do miss the old graphics for the characters themselves, but I do think that the new graphics for everything else look great.

I played Tetris 99 in hopes to get the new Splatoon theme for the game by amassing 100 competition points. People don't mess around on competition weekends and it took me several games. The highest I placed was 8th, which was infuriating only because I got 8th four times and couldn't break that barrier. Last night I played again and peaked at 2nd, which was also extremely infuriating.

I purchased a capture card against my better judgment, so hopefully I'll be able to show more readily how badly I get bopped in Tetris 99 and/or Smash Bros in the future.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I'm really bad at keeping my gaming topics bumped