You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I'm really bad at keeping my gaming topics bumped

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
4 weeks ago#231
Katie was adamant that we not collaborate on Baba, and although I recognize its genius I don't have the patience to get through the harder levels (or rather I get frustrated and have less fun than is optimal), so I'm waiting for her to break down and decide we can do that as a team.
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

User Info: ShadowSpy

ShadowSpy
4 weeks ago#232
Yeah, the levels are getting harder and harder and I've already skipped a bunch of levels because of my lack of patience. Now I'm waiting for that epiphany moment for 5+ levels and that doesn't feel good.
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
4 weeks ago#233
I think I hit a brick wall even earlier than you all did in Baba. It's enjoyable and the flashes of brilliance do make me want to play more, but the solutions come to me so few and far between that the reward isn't enough for me to keep it going for a long time.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
4 weeks ago#234
eShop has a lot of sales. Of interest to me, Celeste, Undertale, and Wargroove.
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

LinkPrime1
3 weeks ago#235
I'm decently far into Borderlands 2, since it's free on PS+. Been playing a Siren, which is fun and different, and sometimes too easy, but it reminds me that I'm really a snipe-first kind of person for these games.
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22

Kylo Force
3 weeks ago#236
I started playing a mod of Yu-Gi-Oh! Legacy of the Duelist that inserts more duels into the campaign, which is a great holdover for when the Switch version releases with the updated ruleset.

I also looked up a guide on how to connect my otherwise completely unused Wii U Pro Controller to my computer as a bluetooth controller, which has opened me up to the world of gaming on PC. It's useful for my Legacy of the Duelist gaming and I also tried it out on some old school games and it worked well. I don't think it's enough to make me want to convert to being a PC gamer, but it is nice to get new utility out of old hardware.
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

Kylo Force
2 weeks ago#237
The Steam Sale had Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition on sale for $1.99, so I bought it for the fourth time. It is still as charming and lovely as ever, and it is still one of my favorite games of all time.

Still playing Smash every handful of weeknights.

Taught a group of six friends how to play the board game 7 Wonders this past Saturday. Due to a mixture of luck of the draw and understanding just enough about the mechanics through the game to pull it off, one of the players pulled an incredible turnabout to win with an otherwise ill thought out military strategy while capitalizing on his neighbors' science-based strategy. It was very impressive; going by points scored and a few rough estimations, had it not worked out, he would have gotten 5th or 6th (of 7) at best.

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
2 weeks ago#238
I was like "I only kind of remember what Sleeping Dogs is about, but you know what? For $2, I'll listen to a gentleman I trust and buy a charming lovely thing," at which point I remembered that my credit card got stolen on Friday and I can't participate in society until the mail arrives after three business days.
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

Kylo Force
2 weeks ago#239
Any time my credit card needs to be replaced (mercifully few times in the last several years) and I'm talking to the person on the phone about it, I lie and say I'm going on vacation soon and need to be able to use my card. Most of the time they then offer to do rush shipping or next-day it to me for free.

Sleeping Dogs is a story about triad gangs in Hong Kong. You play as Wei Shen, a deep undercover cop seeking to infiltrate the triad and dismantle it from within, all while managing his own personal relationships and confronting some childhood demons.

It's also an action adventure game from 2012 so take with that what you will. The story is well told (at least enough that I bought this game at full price twice and on sale a third time so far, and then this time at deep sale). The characters are charming in their own ways (you like who you're supposed to like, you hate who you're supposed to hate, and there are more than enough reoccurring characters with their own quirks to enjoy.) The combat is extremely tight, if just a little less so once guns are introduced into the picture.

The map is also large enough and scenic enough that if you just want to drive around a big city with its own sights and charms, you can. This is what really drew me in back in 2012, since I'd never played a game like that before. Being able to play the Definitive Edition with enhanced graphics and more power under the hood really refreshes that experience for me.

Also give me your Steam info and I can gift it to you? Is that how it works?

LinkPrime1
2 weeks ago#240
Wei Shen, or as I like to call him, Asian Mark Whalberg.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I'm really bad at keeping my gaming topics bumped