You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I'm really bad at keeping my gaming topics bumped

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
2 weeks ago#201
I dipped back into Celeste last night and through blood, sweat, and tears finally finished the B-Side for Old Site. It was the first B-Side that I attempted. I eventually broke down and looked at a YouTube playthrough to figure out how I was supposed to do the second to last segment because after a solid 20 minutes I just couldn't figure out how to do it. I am filled with shame. But also with victory.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: ShadowSpy

ShadowSpy
2 weeks ago#202
A lot of the B-sides expect you to figure out new mechanics through trial and error (or bird hints). If I remember correctly, is that the screen where you have to do a series of wall jumps without relying on your wall-clinging stamina? That did take me a while.
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."

Kylo Force
2 weeks ago#203
It's the one with a very wide section of dream block running down the center of chambers where you have to ascend at diagonal angles to grab a key marker to move a door, and then jump back and around to grab a second one before quickly ascending diagonally up and to the right again to exit the room.

The thing that was different about it that you had to unlearn from a previous room is if you hold the climb button while dashing, you'll likely cling to the dream block instead of dashing through it. You have to push the jump distance off the wall to its maximum so that you can actually dash through and then get ready to jump out of it or dash immediately again on the other side.

The final room immediately after it with the two parallel walls that disappear and reappear on beat to climb to the heart also gave me a lot of trouble, but I think that's only because I was mentally spent from trying to figure out the room before it.

It was definitely a good challenge but makes me shudder to think what the rest of the B-sides have in store.
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

ShadowSpy
2 weeks ago#204
They get pretty hard, haha. But the game is rooting for you the whole way through.
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."

ShadowSpy
1 week ago#205
Just started playing through the Baba is You levels that have Empty blocks. Those are some really funky interactions.

Kylo Force
1 week ago#206
I haven't picked up Baba Is You since getting stuck on a level with lightning bolts that move but I think I just need to look at it more carefully because there are just so many elements that it was hard to wrap my head around.

Been slow playing games recently but I still try to get a couple rounds of Tetris 99 in when I can. I want to win the theme that's up for grabs this coming weekend.

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
6 days ago#207
Shovel Knight Treasure Trove is half off, so I took the plunge and went in.
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

User Info: zztman5

zztman5
6 days ago#208
King of Cards still isn't out. Is there even a release date anymore?
Ryan Stiles: Blue Suede Shoes?
Colin Mochrie: ...nice pants? - Whose Line Is It Anyway?, Song Titles

Kylo Force
6 days ago#209
All I've heard about King of Cards is "later this year."

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
6 days ago#210
Hmm, I kickstarted Shovel Knight back in the day on the 3DS so in theory I should have access to some of those later releases, but couldn't be bothered to go back and get them. Maybe Treasure Trove is the way to go.
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I'm really bad at keeping my gaming topics bumped