You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I'm really bad at keeping my gaming topics bumped

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
4 weeks ago#191
LinkPrime1 posted...
Ganondorf is easymode, geez. By comparison, Boss Ganon is super disappointing, especially compared to the other bosses.

The boss I loved the most, by far, was the classic throwback to Marx from Kirby Super Star / Milky Way Wishes. I couldn't believe that they kept all of his classic attacks from that final boss fight of KSS completely intact, including how to defend and counterattack after he finishes his move.

It was an ear to ear smile, giant rush of nostalgia with really excellent execution.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: zztman5

zztman5
3 weeks ago#192
Kylo Force posted...
Announcement about P5S tomorrow, and I do sincerely hope that S means "Switch."

Nope, it's a musou game, apparently.
Ryan Stiles: Blue Suede Shoes?
Colin Mochrie: ...nice pants? - Whose Line Is It Anyway?, Song Titles

Kylo Force
3 weeks ago#193
This is acceptable to me since I also have a PS4. Disappointing, but acceptable.
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: ShadowSpy

ShadowSpy
2 weeks ago#194
I have to say, Baba is You looks much better in handheld mode than on the big screen. There's definitely some scaling issues when I try to play it on my tv.
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."

Kylo Force
2 weeks ago#195
Baba Is You makes me feel like a giant fool but I am enjoying it.

Last weekend I picked up Shovel Knight again and my friend and I ran through the first part of the campaign co-op. Still as fun as ever.

ShadowSpy
2 weeks ago#196
Oh cool, Shovel Knight has a co-op mode? I've been meaning to pick it up at some point. Maybe I should grab it as a co-op game to play with the wife.
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."

Kylo Force
2 weeks ago#197
Until recently, the co-op was locked behind having the Shovel Knight amiibo.

If you do have the amiibo, you can also unlock a mode where one player can play as Custom Knight, who gains levels and equipment based on gold collected and enemies defeated rather than by obtaining them in level in a Mega Man sort of way.

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
2 weeks ago#198
Has anybody else noticed instinctively knowing which Switch games to play on the handheld and which ones to play on the teevee? Baba was on handheld until I wanted to try co-opping a level with Katie (which... did not work) and it looked weird. I started playing The Friends of Ringo Ishikawa (which is good albeit not super gamey) and that one was on the teevee for some reason.

I played Shovel Knight like six years ago on my buddy's 3DS during a long weekend. I got at least 2/3 of the way through so I've been waiting for it to go on sale ever since.
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

ShadowSpy
2 weeks ago#199
You can tell almost immediately how to play a Switch game based on the quality of the graphics and the resolution it uses. I had a lot easier of a time playing Celeste on handheld mode as well, since it's easier for my platforming brain to process a smaller screen.

Kylo Force
2 weeks ago#200
I had an easier time playing Celeste on TV, but I think that's because I was using the Pro Controller over the attached Joycon. Either one was perfectly fine, though.

I like Baba is You as a co-op experience on the TV but otherwise, handheld is the way to go, I thought.

I played Shovel Knight on TV first on Wii U and playing it on 3DS was weird to me at first because I thought everything would have to be squished down, but it was still perfect. It's excellent on Switch either docked or undocked, but I do wish it still had the utility of the Wii U/3DS to pick equips on the fly on the touch screen.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I'm really bad at keeping my gaming topics bumped