You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I'm really bad at keeping my gaming topics bumped

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
1 month ago#181
Made progress in Celeste last weekend and finally attained the double dash. Still such a fun game.

Smash continues to happen most weeknights. It's nice to have a group to casually s***-talk with at night about one of my favorite games. More of them are trying out the Earthbound characters which is crazy to me because I've been one of the very few people I've ever known who actually enjoy playing Lucas and Ness.

I used to loathe playing the top dog in that group, but ever since he's hopped on voice chat I find it more enjoyable. It's a nice reminder that he's a human I can trade strategies with rather than an unrelenting AI whose level has risen far above its intended programming.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
1 month ago#182
Sekiro is f***ing awesome. It's got all the stealth elements I wished other From games had.
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

User Info: ShadowSpy

ShadowSpy
1 month ago#183
Ahh! The whole path leading up to getting the double dash in Celeste was such an emotional trip for me. I love that there is narrative significance to obtaining it.

Anyway, I'm feeling pretty elated, since I just beat The Summit C-Side last night. I was stuck on that final screen for a full week before finally beating it. Next I'm gonna try Core C-Side before taking a crack at the golden strawberries
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."

User Info: ShadowSpy

ShadowSpy
4 weeks ago#184
I am more or less done with Celeste. It was such a fun ride, but now that I've gotten all the C-Sides, I don't feel an urge to get the rest of the stuff.

In other news, I bought Baba is You last night and have a dozen epiphany moments in the span of a few hours. My latest victory involved turning a bunch of walls into jellyfish; needless to say, but this game is tons of fun.
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."

LinkPrime1
4 weeks ago#185
I've finally unlocked Cloud in World of Light. Holy s*** is there a lot in this mode. Also, like every single character I wanted to use, Young Link, Cloud, and presumably Chrom and Roy, are all in the second half of the mode. Dayumn.
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22

Kylo Force
4 weeks ago#186
I finished my first run through Celeste and really enjoyed it. It's likely that not going back immediately to take on the B-Sides I've already unlocked will bite me in the ass and make the game harder to go back to. I do think it will be enjoyable to go back to in the future.

Joker from Persona 5 landed in Smash and my group was all over it for the past couple of days. Definitely a different and fun character and I really enjoy playing as him. His depiction in Smash drips with style, including his victory screen mimicking the battle victory screen from his home game, and the Final Smash cinematic transitioning immediately to the results screen if it nabs you the final KO. I've never played Persona 5, but I am holding out for a Switch port since it seems to be hinted at. If not, I'll snag it for PS4 for $20 and save myself some money.

I was introduced to Baba is You yesterday and immediately fell in love with it. It's exactly the kind of puzzle game that makes me feel like I'm revolving between genius and idiot but never both at the same time. I bought it for myself a couple hours ago. Very charming presentation and I'm really into it.
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

LinkPrime1
4 weeks ago#187
Cloud is cool but felt a little...off to me for some reason.

I've already unlocked 2 more characters, so I'm not using him anymore, but certainly will give him more playtime.

User Info: zztman5

zztman5
4 weeks ago#188
I started playing Jump 1/2 a couple of evenings ago. I'm enjoying it quite a bit.

Kylo Force posted...
I've never played Persona 5, but I am holding out for a Switch port since it seems to be hinted at. If not, I'll snag it for PS4 for $20 and save myself some money.

There's gonna be an updated version for PS4 before long too, just FYI.
Ryan Stiles: Blue Suede Shoes?
Colin Mochrie: ...nice pants? - Whose Line Is It Anyway?, Song Titles
(edited 4 weeks ago)

Kylo Force
4 weeks ago#189
Persona 5 R will release in Japan on PS4 in late October and follow up in the west in 2020, apparently?

Announcement about P5S tomorrow, and I do sincerely hope that S means "Switch."

LinkPrime1
4 weeks ago#190
Ganondorf is easymode, geez. By comparison, Boss Ganon is super disappointing, especially compared to the other bosses.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I'm really bad at keeping my gaming topics bumped