You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I'm really bad at keeping my gaming topics bumped

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
1 month ago#171
What a b****.

Why play the game? Comebacks are incredible and soooooooo satisfying when pulled off.

Has the dude never faced adversity in his life?
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
1 month ago#172
I honestly have no idea. I think it's because he has this ideal of what good play looks like but it's so impossible to achieve (nobody is good enough to win every single match they play 3-0 or 4-0) that he thinks he sucks. It's a mental barrier I've run out of ways (and patience) to address.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
1 month ago#173
That sounds miserable, but a good opportunity to play stupid gimmick stages. Just be like "oh you rage quit ever time so we're going to play 1 stock, 300 starting damage, all bob-ombs." Make lemonade!

My girl bought the Switch game where you float around among fish--Abzu--and has been hypnotized by that. For some reason I also signed up for the switch online thing and can now begin playing Tetris 99, though I haven't yet. (Also got Baba is You, the Everything is a Variable Puzzle Game. I'm into it.)
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

Kylo Force
1 month ago#174
If you have Amazon Prime or Twitch Prime, you can claim 3 free months of Nintendo Switch Online for free now and 9 more additional months in 60 days. Don't forget to turn off auto-renewal right afterward, if that's your thing. Only works with non-Family accounts though.

https://twitter.com/Nintendeal/status/1111364606977404928?s=19
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

Kylo Force
1 month ago#175
I picked up Celeste over the weekend because it finally went on sale. It makes me want to poke my eyes out in frustration sometimes, but I do think it's really fantastic.

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
1 month ago#176
I saw it was on sale as well. I should really pick it up...
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

User Info: ShadowSpy

ShadowSpy
1 month ago#177
Yeah, I'm surprised at how much mileage I am getting out of Celeste. Things will feel frustrating for a little while, but I'll eventually make some progress and it'll feel really good.

I recently beat The Core B-Side and that has unlocked a whole slew of things, omg.

The C-sides are a ton of fun and not too bad, but the Golden Strawberries are incredibly frustrating. I think it's just a matter of practice.
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."

Kylo Force
1 month ago#178
Celeste is the right kind of aggravating where I will try bashing my head against a wall with what I think is the correct solution, then finally realize what the actual solution is, and then have to actually execute it perfectly.

I'd say that the game is -too- unforgiving with how pixel perfect some of the jumps and dashes have to be, but it's really just me having to practice. Also it feels like I'm barely into the game; I'm only halfway through the level where they introduce strong wind and moving blocks.

It's a nice change of pace from Smash and at the price I was able to snag it (on sale for $13, got it for just under $9 with Gold Points), it was perfect for me.

User Info: ShadowSpy

ShadowSpy
1 month ago#179
Ah yeah. The strong winds level got pretty annoying at some points, just because it felt like a slog. I had a much better time with it after realizing that you really don't have to walk against headwind that much. You can honestly just dash in most places. But before that, it definitely felt like a chore.
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."

Kylo Force
1 month ago#180
"Strong wings affecting jump trajectory" is actually one of my least favorite platforming mechanics in any game because of how janky it can feel in-game, but I think I'm already more than halfway through that world anyway. When you combine it with the blobs that add a second blob-dash and then renew your dash again it's a lot to think about in terms of planning out movement. Again, it's not like it's a huge thing, but it's definitely something to overcome (and feels good to do it, once you get it.)
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I'm really bad at keeping my gaming topics bumped