You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I'm really bad at keeping my gaming topics bumped

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
3 weeks ago#161
I am in Japan. No gaming has been happening other than me failing miserably at getting an Ampharos from a crane game.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

Kylo Force
2 weeks ago#162
Attempted to get some wins on the board for the Tetris 99 event happening this weekend (top 999 win-getters get $10 in eShop cash.)

I've played for hours this weekend and have been getting completely wrecked. The level of competition is insane. In a normal game I can usually crack the top 10 or 15 fairly easily; this entire weekend I've been lucky to get 25th and have even lost as early as in the 80s/90s several games in a row. It's been humbling to say the least.
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
5 days ago#163
Started playing Ghost 1.0, an interesting (though apparently several years old) take on a roguelite Metroidvania. Instead of starting over in a random dungeon every death, it's a persistent dungeon but you lose most of your gear and the enemy-escalation mechanism resets. (Basically, certain rooms have a switch you can flip that brings on a wave of enemies and rewards you if you survive, and these reset each death.) You can either press on or go grind yourself back up to fighting weight, which creates an interesting rhythm.

It's the people who made UnEpic and I know no one has played that but me, but it reminds me in a good way of that game.

(Dead Cells is substantially better.)
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

Kylo Force
5 days ago#164
Been playing a lot of Smash with my friend and his workmates down in CA (the wonders of internet-enabled play!) Each of us can make a pretty solid showing on our own, but there's one guy who has completely figured out my regular style of play and systematically dismantles me every single time (after a glorious week or so of me being the complete dark horse with an "unpredictable" playstyle.)

I will figure out the way to beat him, as he figured out how to beat me.

User Info: ShadowSpy

ShadowSpy
23 hours ago#165
So every once in a while, I am still picking up Celeste and trying to get 100% completion. Working through The Core B-Side and making very slow progress, but it's nice that I don't get stuck on any one screen for too long.
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
23 hours ago#166
I appreciate the bumps and updates my friends.

I started playing Sekiro last night. Very cool game.
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

Kylo Force
1 hour ago#167
Been playing more Smash. Not too many single player games coming up that I want, unless you count Pokemon Sword/Shield coming later on. I pre-ordered Shield, but I might change my mind. I do hope the lore of the game goes into the first Aegislash protecting the king's lineage, but that's the only (super vague) guess I have about what the plot could possibly be about.

I do suppose if Persona 5 R ends up coming out for Switch and it's some sort of enhanced version of Persona 5, I'd pick it up for Switch because I'd finally have a reason to play it. I'd also be able to familiarize myself with Joker since people had a meltdown when Joker was announced for Smash on launch day.

Speaking of Smash, I played with a group online and there was a guy who, if he lost the first stock or felt like he made a single poor play, he would immediately eliminate himself from the game. Like if he lost the first stock of three or four, he would just jump off and immediately kill himself for his remaining lives. And then when we'd call him on it, he'd say something along the lines of "I can't believe how badly I'm playing." We tried to explain that he's not actually a bad player and that he should give himself a chance to get a comeback, even if those happen to be rare, but if you never give yourself a chance to come back, you'll never know.

It's a baffling mindset that I don't understand, and I do think it's cutting yourself off at the knees because you're actually eliminating yourself from practicing at coming back, the thing that you think you're already bad at.

I don't like playing with him. There was a game that he was up 2-1 stocks and was actively winning, but when it went down to 1-1 after the other player knocked him off, he just gave up and killed himself immediately when he came back instead of trying to finish the last guy off. We even emphasized that he was -winning the match- and he still gave up.

Played Tetris 99 last night and got two wins. Making me feel like I got my groove back.

LinkPrime1
51 minutes ago#168
Yeeesh. Talk about taking all the fun away from playing...
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22

LinkPrime1
51 minutes ago#169
I would do everything in my power to keep him ON the stage in that case.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I'm really bad at keeping my gaming topics bumped