You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I'm really bad at keeping my gaming topics bumped

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
1 week ago#131
I think the order I did was Ventus --> Terra --> Aqua, or maybe Aqua then Terra. I definitely did Ventus first. I feel like the game pushes you towards that - especially since he knows so much less about what's going on than the other two.
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
1 week ago#132
Apparently the developer-intended route is Terra-> Ventus-> Aqua, which is how they're listed in thur character select screen. But, I agree that by controlling Ventus through the tutorial they're pushing you toward him first.
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
1 week ago#133
I'm 20ish hours in to Kingdom Hearts III and largely enjoying it. There are some holdovers from really old school (at this point) game design, but the game has enough flourishes and upgrades to keep me interested. I'm not good about using keyblades other than the default one, but combat is still varied enough that I'm enjoying it.

I've also been snowed in for almost all of the last week, so thankfully I've had some time to play.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

LinkPrime1
1 week ago#134
I beat Ventus's story last night and saved after starting Aqua's.

His final boss was... cool but annoying. I should've beaten him first try but it got buggy with iframes or something and the final hit never connected. Ended up looking up online and it reminded me that shotlocks are a thing I often forget about.
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22

LinkPrime1
1 week ago#135
Some more BBS thoughts:
- I'm kind of hoping Aqua's story has some big reveals. On a per-world basis, I think I can assume more or less what happens just by filling in the blanks on some levels, while others I'm pretty clueless on.

-...but I'm really not expecting any until I unlock the final mode. Not a spoiler, the game is upfront about how there's an additional mode, and it's ease of unlocking is based on what difficulty you play

- Proud overall I think is fair. I melt through some bosses, forgetting I'm playing oi'm a higher difficulty, but there are encounters that lead to me being stunlocked and just dying. Frustrating when it happens, but coupled with how easy some sections are, I think overall it's fair

- Except those plant guys that spawn 8 million miles away and shoot aero beams on the ground with pinpoint accuracy. f*** those guys

- You're rewarded pretty well for understanding the stance change system. Battles become significantly easier when you can trigger level 2s with consistency

- Melding is fun! And I'm a fan of the combat system. But scrolling through me entire list of commands each time is super annoying

- I'm hoping Aqua's story has some more length to it, or the final chapter does. 11-12 hours and level 32 for Terra, 10-11 and 31 for Ventus. Playtime seems average, but I feel that my levels are pretty low. But, seeing how the story plays out, I'm hoping Aqua has a bit more to her to help lengthen it a little more.

- I hated Aqua's playstyle when I first tried her, but I decided to do the tutorial again for playthrough number 3 and was WAY more comfortable with her. Really looking forward to playing as her

- The opening cinematic is probably my favorite out of all of them so far, even if every scene is just from the final battle. I'm still curious about the 2 parts with Terra running through, presumably, Castle Oblivion, and Ventus running through what looks like a part of Hollow Bastion, though it's definitely not that.

Anyway, still having fun, though a tiny bit disappointed with length so far. As soon as I feel like I'm getting real deep with melding...the game's over.

LinkPrime1
1 week ago#136
I died in my first (and then second) battle with Aqua.

I feel like this is telling. I restarted the game just to get a fresh reload, because that will absolutely make a difference.

LinkPrime1
1 week ago#137
Guys I literally just keep dying. I'm outside the first save circle.

This is gonna take some time...

LinkPrime1
1 week ago#138
Well, I asked for a longer game. I did not intend for it to be because I keep dying again, and again, and again.

Aqua is a glass cannon it seems, and when you meld her most damaging ability like I did, you're kinda screwed. Made it to the first store and immediately bought another Blizzard (which I had melded) and Thunder. Didn't even check if there was a Cure...which was a very poor decision on my part...

Kylo Force
1 week ago#139
Thanks to this relentless snowstorm, I beat Kingdom Hearts III last night. No unmarked spoilers.

I've only ever finished the original versions of KH 1 and 2, and played Chain of Memories on Gameboy Advance back when it was originally released. I am at least peripherally aware of the story of the other games but don't know all the details. The game has primers on all of the previous games that gives nearly everything you need to know on a bare bones level, and cutscenes in the beginning do their best to fill in some of the meat for those bones.

That said, I think KHIII is extremely fun. There were only maybe two times I felt like there were lulls. The Disney worlds are all awesome and I enjoyed the story; I can only imagine how much more of it I would have enjoyed if I had delved deeper into the lore of the series before playing it. There were maybe only two or three moments where I had a legit "wtf is this" moment.

Seeing how the overarching KH plot weaved in and out of the Disney worlds they chose before all coming together for the conclusion was probably one of my favorite parts of the whole thing. I think it was extremely well done.

The way they integrated the look of KH into the movie worlds is fantastic. Especially all the movies that are 3D to begin with; it looks straight off the movie screen. I can't praise that enough.

Overall, it gives a Toy Story 3 feeling. It reminds me of feelings I had playing the games back in 2002 and 2006, and recaptures those feelings in a combined fresh and also nostalgic way that's hard to put my finger on.
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

Kylo Force
6 days ago#140
Started playing Tetris 99 on Switch Online. Battle Royale Tetris hits a gaming sweet spot I didn't know I had.

Managed to win three times out of dozens of games. Otherwise finished anywhere from 2nd to 90th.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I'm really bad at keeping my gaming topics bumped