You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I'm really bad at keeping my gaming topics bumped

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
2 months ago#101
Zote isn't too bad once you learn his patterns. I think I beat every version of him...
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

User Info: ShadowSpy

ShadowSpy
2 months ago#102
Yeah, I probably just need to figure out the right responses to those patterns. His little mid-air mixup gets me about half the time, and the Zotelings become a real problem if I can't get them right away.
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
2 months ago#103
When did you both feel like Hollow Knight really got its hooks into you? It was really rough for me until I managed to reach and then beat the boss that gives the horizontal dash (this is fairly early), but every time I go back to it I just feel like I'm meandering woefully unprepared into a hostile world. It's fun for the shortest of bursts but so frustrating for me and I never feel like I was able to get over that hump. I want to like the game and it has flashes of fun and brilliance for me, but it never got to the point where it felt like the game I absolutely need to play.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

ShadowSpy
2 months ago#104
Hmm...I don't think the hooks really sunk in until I unlocked a certain movement ability (wall jump), since that makes traversing the world much, much easier. Since the game is very much focused on exploration, more movement options means the map is that much more fun to explore.

I really advise looking for unexplored paths in your map and seeing if you can push further there, since that is most likely to get you to the upgrades you need. Also, the enemies and terrain are pretty unforgiving at first, but they aren't so bad once you learn their patterns and can kill/avoid them while traveling.

If you're a completionist, buy and use the map markers liberally to keep track of things you want to get to but can't access yet.
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
2 months ago#105
Hmm. I always felt like there was something new to discover. I had tons of markers on my map pinpointing places to return to or things that seemed out of place.

I don't think I ever felt like I was unprepared. Meandering, probably, but I liked the exploration aspect, that feeling of there always being something around the corner. It was something to work towards. So, even though I might not have been going anywhere in particular, it felt like I was progressing towards something, if that makes sense.

The dash certainly helped, but I think clearing a later area that sort of pinpoints where the rest of the game is supposed to go was that "hooked in" moment for me. Or beating the Mantis Lords, which lead to me doing some preliminary and unintentional sequence breaking.

It was fun throughout, until I got frustrated trying to get 100% before beating the final boss. But that was the completionist in me, I wouldn't blame the game too much for that.
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

ShadowSpy
2 months ago#106
Oh yeah, and don't be afraid of dying, especially at bosses. It will happen. A lot.

There's usually a bench nearby (3 or 4 rooms away at most), so just save there beforehand and try a few different charm combinations to see if something works.

ShadowSpy
2 months ago#107
Wife and I have been playing a lot of Overcooked 2 together and having tons of fun with it. I think after we get through all the DLC content, I'm gonna see if she wants to play Hyrule Warriors together.

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
2 months ago#108
I find Overcooked an absolute blast but in the original, the farthest I've ever seen is either the first level that has two trucks that split apart or one or two beyond it.

Overcooked 2 looks like a lot of fun but I've only seen a couple levels of it.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

ShadowSpy
2 months ago#109
Hyrule Warriors is like 16 GB wtf. I wanted to try it with co-op last night, but it took way too long to download.

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
2 months ago#110
I... did not realize that Hollow Knight had more than one ending. Or DLC. I got the one where you fight the angel sunshine light thing? which seemed pretty satisfying. I guess that can stand a replay!

It definitely got its hooks into me right away, since I love down-slash chaining and the controls were [b]so[/b] tight. The sheer diversity in environments and enemies kept me excited pretty much the whole time.

I had a cold over the weekend and got (I think) most of the way through Dandara. It is fresh and innovative, and there are enough curveballs like the Dreamlands that I was into it.

I'm excited to start CrossCode too, though the only thing I know about it is that it's in the mold of a Mana game.
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I'm really bad at keeping my gaming topics bumped