You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I'm really bad at keeping my gaming topics bumped

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
4 months ago#11
Y'all I'm *so* bad at Cryptark. I'm usually kind of bad at bullet hell, but I get the hang of it, but I'm *really* bad at this one.
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
4 months ago#12
I've never really played any bullet hell games.

I really need to get a SNES classic.

Hollow Knight is awesome though. Game feels neverending.
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

willis5225
4 months ago#13
Oh man I loved Hollow Knight and can't believe I skimmed past your mention of it twice.

Yeah it's enormous. I was astonished three or four times upon unlocking yet another huge section of the map with totally distinct enemies, art assets, and music.
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
4 months ago#14
I got total party wiped by common monsters in the Sea area in SMRPG. This will require more planning than I thought. Also way more monsters are immune to lightning than I thought.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

willis5225
4 months ago#15
It's funny, because in reality nothing is immune to lightning. Lightning is just it, man, the force of the universe, sufficient unto itself to wreck stuff. There's stuff that resists heat, cold, poison, crush damage, piercing damage, slash damage. But lightning? Ain't a thing that can take lightning to the face and have a good day.
-Mimir

willis5225
4 months ago#16
Well okay except like the Joshua Tree
-Mimir

Kylo Force
4 months ago#17
What I think is particularly interesting about it is that I'm at the point in the game where you get two new party members in rapid succession, and if you try to brute force your way through the battles without optimizing, you can actually do quite well just letting Mario and Geno be the bash bros and letting Bowser join in, or swapping in Peach and letting her White Mage your way to victory while Mario + Geno/Bowser wreck house. It seems like they introduced all these monsters that are immune to magic to encourage you to use your physical attackers more and to actively discourage using Mallow's extremely inexpensive all-enemy AOE spell to wipe out common monsters all the time.

(And then the next area is the Sunken Ship, where monsters are immune to everything but magic, and then Mallow becomes invaluable again because he has the least expensive magic spells.)
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: ShadowSpy

ShadowSpy
4 months ago#18
So I went into Hyrule Castle to do some side quests and then accidentally beat the game with only 3 of the 4 Guardians defeated.
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."

willis5225
4 months ago#19
That is exactly how I came to beat the game (though I'd beaten the guardians). Just went to Hyrule Castle to get the lay of the land and then oh I guess the game's over.
-Mimir

Kylo Force
4 months ago#20
The castle itself is maze like but is actually pretty small, but the castle town ruins around it are large and fun to explore when you have finally mastered laser parrying and you don't have to worry about guardians.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I'm really bad at keeping my gaming topics bumped