I'm really bad at keeping my gaming topics bumped

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I'm really bad at keeping my gaming topics bumped

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
3 months ago#1
Had some friends over last night, and one girl wanted to play Kingdom Hearts (she already had a file created). That got me kind of into the mood to try and go back to playing through all of the games (I'm at the Cloud fight in Chain of Memories). I also saw that Jon got the complete collection on PS4.

In light of that news, this is now the KH playthrough topic.

Or whatever else you're playing.

I bought Hollow Knight on Sunday and that's pretty awesome, so I'll probably just end up playing that for awhile.

TALES OF VESPERIA REMASTER HYPE! Literally waited a decade for that game...
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

User Info: ShadowSpy

ShadowSpy
3 months ago#2
I ordered a PS4 after getting the KH3 release announcement, mostly because my wife is a huge KH fan. I figure I'll finally get around to trying a lot of other games too, as well as finally have a way to watch CruncyRoll on the tv.
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
3 months ago#3
I'm bouncing between a lot of games right now. I've just entered Wonderland in KH1. I've put God of War on hold right now and I'm letting my roommate finish playing through it before I go back at it again. While he was finishing Mario Odyssey, I would dip in and get a handful of moons here and there. I've restarted Super Mario RPG and I'm doing a little bit of a nostalgia run through it right now.

Going to try to be a bit more purposeful and actually finish games that I start, whether they're first plays or replays. The summer is ripe for backlog trimming.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
3 months ago#4
I've also been playing through KH. I'm towards the end of Birth By Sleep now, working on the optional bosses and arena fights. I've unlocked all secret videos so far and beaten all optional bosses for KH1, 2, and CoM, but haven't necessarily 100%-ed them by completing the journal.
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
3 months ago#5
Damn, James is putting in work!

Just Hollow Knight for me. About 10 hours in so far.

I'm in the same boat as you Jon, I never finish games. Been an issue since I was a kid.
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
3 months ago#6
Somewhat. The Data battles and such in KHII were very enjoyable, if tough. But, like, I get insta-stomped by the optional bosses in BbS, so it is less enjoyable. I put them aside and moved on to 2.8 instead.
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
3 months ago#7
I just bought Far Cry 5 from the Steam Sale. I meant to play 4 and Primal first, but ehhh I just can't say no to the one that addresses our current political landscape with the far right militias and such. That is downloading and is likely to be for some time to come.

Otherwise, I seem to be mostly playing really crunchy roguelikes. Dead Cells (metroidvania roguelike), Slay the Spire (M:tG roguelike), and Cryptark (normal twin stick roguelike).
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

User Info: ShadowSpy

ShadowSpy
2 months ago#8
After a few months of just exploring the map for shrines and korok seeds, I finally decided to go back to the main storyline for Breath of the Wild. I just got to the entrance for the third out of the four dungeons.

I'm saving the Gerudo one for last, since I don't really want to get waylaid by the Yiga clan everywhere I go. I'll see if I can get most of my exploring done before finishing the game.
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."

Kylo Force
2 months ago#9
Saving the Gerudo one for last is the right move. I did it second and got my ass handed to me repeatedly.

After finishing the main line of the story and getting all of the shrines, I recommend also doing The Champions' Ballad. It's a really, really excellently done extension of the story.
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

Kylo Force
2 months ago#10
Going through Super Mario RPG and determined to keep my party as Mario, Mallow, and Geno the entire time. First roadblock was hitting Star Hill and finding out a lot of the common enemies were completely immune to magic.

I've almost exclusively given ATK/DEF level ups to Mario and Geno and SPECIAL level ups to Mallow to make their attacking power as high as possible. This will most likely come back to bite me around the time of the Axem Rangers. I've also given them all Work Pants that boost their attack stats, and critically, their Speed. Geno is also wearing the Zoom Shoes, which gives him enough speed to give a Geno Boost to Mario on the first turn so that Mario can usually kill at least one enemy before the enemy turns.

I've just finished Star Hill and I'm about to wander around Seaside Town and go into the Sunken Ship. We'll see how this goes.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I'm really bad at keeping my gaming topics bumped

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.