My current favorite Twitter account: Twitter Plays Tetris

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. My current favorite Twitter account: Twitter Plays Tetris

User Info: PaperSpock

PaperSpock
2 months ago#1
https://twitter.com/EmojiTetra

Every 20 minutes, the game advances one tick, taking the highest voted move into account. The comments are my favorite part. Sometimes things are fairly obvious, but at times you get some great moments where there's a move that untrained players such as myself would see as the obvious good move, but then you get some pros who explain the theory behind making certain moves.

It unfortunately doesn't have certain mechanics implemented yet like "kicks" (which I don't fully understand), but even so, I've learned a lot and am thinking about trying to get into tetris again with my new knowledge.
Fame is but a slow decay.
-Theodore Tilton

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
2 months ago#2
I love that they're actually trying to succeed instead of trying to burn the whole thing down.
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
2 months ago#3
This is really impressive.

If I remember correctly from my Tetris DS days, "kicks" are a different rotation behavior when a block is pinned against the stack and one of the side walls, or two different parts of the stack. It makes it possible to squeeze a block in where it wouldn't fit normally, allowing you to pull off moves like a T-spin (rotating a T into a position that would normally be impossible, in order to clear lines.)
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: Kodiologist

Kodiologist
2 months ago#4
PaperSpock posted...
taking the highest voted move into account

Praise the Dome Fossil!

---
Have you ever stopped to think and forgotten to start again?
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. My current favorite Twitter account: Twitter Plays Tetris

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived