Sometimes it's important to take an evening off and just relax

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Sometimes it's important to take an evening off and just relax

User Info: DontInterruptMe

DontInterruptMe
4 months ago#1
...is what I'm telling myself as I sit idle at home unproductively playing video games while I feel like I should be doing something productive.

But it's also kind of true. I've been very busy and social all long weekend and it's good to relax alone for a change.

Kind of an internal tension going on.

Hopefully posting towards PADM will make me feel at least slightly accomlpished tonight.

DontInterruptMe
4 months ago#2
Update: I sorted some mail that needed sorting and did the dishes. A bit better.

User Info: ShadowSpy

ShadowSpy
4 months ago#3
Relaxation is very important for mental health. I approve of this.
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
4 months ago#4
I hosted people on Saturday and went to friends' house on Sunday and on Monday I was a useless lump at home nearly all day (after a brief visit with my parents) and it felt really, really okay to be doing that.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
4 months ago#5
I have a really hard time with that. It's why I feel so strongly against people who argue for year-round school. Even when I do have week-long breaks, they are not long enough to properly unwind and I'm always thinking about work. I need the summer so that I can actually have 3 weeks of not thinking about school.
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)

DontInterruptMe
4 months ago#6
Double update: Today I felt refreshed and ready to take on the world. Guess it helped maybe.

Jace: Are there a lot of people who argue for year-round schooling? Is there a movement?

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
4 months ago#7
I read a lifehacker thingie today about how you should strive to polish your kitchen sink, and I kind of respect that. I usually only do that for parties or other special occasions, but my house does always feel cleanest after I've so thoroughly cleaned my kitchen that I feel obligated to CLR my kitchen sink and faucet in order to keep the cleaning going. Ah, that's a wonderful high, having a sink that's so clean that part of it is shiny and part of it is still dulled by years if not decades of limescale.
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

User Info: GMTELigence

GMTELigence
4 months ago#8
I have felt exhausted for some time now. It looks like in 2-3 weeks, I'll finally have the opportunity to relax. At the least, doing grad school by itself and not accompanied by teaching daily will be a nice reprieve.
Let NOTHING stand in your way.

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
4 months ago#9
I tried to get Jess into the "shine your sink" thing a few years ago. It did not take off.

User Info: Jacehan

Jacehan
4 months ago#10
There's a good amount of people. Plus it is done in different parts of the country/world. Most of the advocates argue for it because of the benefits to the students (less of a summer slide), without mentioning the teachers at all.
"To truly live, one must first be born." ~ Evan [aX]
Paper Mario Social:
The Safe Haven of GameFAQs. (Board 2000083)
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Sometimes it's important to take an evening off and just relax

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived