Infinity War Discussion Thread

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Infinity War Discussion Thread

User Info: PaperSpock

PaperSpock
5 months ago#1
I’d like to hear all of your reactions. I enjoyed it, though the ending was a downer. I appreciate that they were willing to do it though, and think it’ll make the duology of it and it’s sequel better for it.
Fame is but a slow decay.
-Theodore Tilton

User Info: ShadowSpy

ShadowSpy
5 months ago#2
The ending actually got me really excited, because it's very very rare to see a story turn out this way. It's a pretty big risk to take and I'm glad they were willing to take it. All in all, it's just a really well put-together story.
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
5 months ago#3
I worry they'll take away the poignancy of the ending by undoing it with either the soul stone or the time stone.

ShadowSpy
5 months ago#4
The will almost certainly undo most of the ending with the soul stone or time stone, but I think the ending to this movie will still be poignant despite that.
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."

User Info: DontInterruptMe

DontInterruptMe
5 months ago#5
I tried really hard to enjoy the movie as a unit without thinking about the undoing they'll probably do. In that light, the ending was really exciting because, yeah, they went there. I thought the credit sequence, after the shock at the end, was a beautiful contrast to the credit sequence style that had been established in every Marvel movie until then.

User Info: PaperSpock

PaperSpock
5 months ago#6
I’d love to see a poll to find out just how common knowledge it is that a lot of the deaths won’t stick (seeing as Spider-Man has an upcoming movie, for example). I feel like there’s a chance that since I keep up on a lot of geek-related news, that I’m more likely to know that info than the general population. I know there’s a lot of people who are in the know despite being less into keeping up on the latest news who know the deaths almost certainly won’t stick, but I’m sure there’s some who thought it happened for real, and I’m just wondering how big the respective groups are.
Fame is but a slow decay.
-Theodore Tilton

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
5 months ago#7
So I haven't watched very many MCU movies (I've seen Avengers 1, Guardians of the Galaxy 1, Ant-Man, and Black Panther) and even with my tightly trimmed down social media feeds, spoilers inbtge form of memes started coming through so I went ahead and read the plot of the movie to see if it confirmed my suspicions of what happens.

I'd be willing to guess the size of the group that believes the deaths are permanent are larger than you think, but still also small compared to the general population. "Heroes back from the dead" is such a common storyline that I'm sure anyone with a little narrative savvy would find it at least plausible.

Or, anyone who's a little cynical. "They just had the top grossing movie and they killed off all their characters and they have another decade of movies to make? They'll be back."
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
5 months ago#8
Fun fact, all off the original Avengers survived, plus Rocket, War Machine, and Nebula
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
5 months ago#9
I'd have picked different people to kill!

ShadowSpy
5 months ago#10
Who would you have picked?

I think the reasoning for letting the original Avengers survive is so that they can have a last get-together, and then some of them can do a permanent sacrifice to save the universe.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Infinity War Discussion Thread

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived