Has anyone had success getting a song out of your head by listening to it?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Has anyone had success getting a song out of your head by listening to it?

User Info: DontInterruptMe

DontInterruptMe
3 months ago#1
Because I tried that earlier and just ended up listening to "The Sign" 20 times in succession (and various covers thereof, including at least half a dozen different renditions by The Mountain Goats).

User Info: ShadowSpy

ShadowSpy
3 months ago#2
It usually works better if I pick a completely different song and listen to that instead. Then only the new song will be stuck in my head!
"I always wanted to be somebody, but now I realize I should have been more specific."

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
3 months ago#3
I regularly use the method successfully.

User Info: Jacz_the_Mage

Jacz_the_Mage
3 months ago#4
Yeah, that doesn't work for me. It does help me sing it better when it is stuck in my head, though.
"You can't keep throwing people at your problems, dear." - Emma Frost to Colossus
~Jacehan~

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
3 months ago#5
I just try to replace it with Can't Stop me Now. It's like 35% effective, which is pretty good for this particular problem!
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
3 months ago#6
HeyDude posted...
I regularly use the method successfully.
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

User Info: freepizza

freepizza
3 months ago#7
The more Tupac I listen to the worse it gets until my brain overloads and I reset and can move on to something else.
"...you should try reading my posts being getting all emo." --FoxMetal

User Info: GMTELigence

GMTELigence
3 months ago#8
Depends on the song.
Let NOTHING stand in your way.

User Info: DontInterruptMe

DontInterruptMe
3 months ago#9
i ended up replacing it with "Ignition (Remix)" and got that one out of my head after just two plays. So that was kind of a roundabout way of getting it out of my head temporarily.

I mean, "The Sign" is back there now but it's a really enjoyable song.

Like, I kind of wish it had more lyrics so the loop wouldn't be so small but what're you gonna do.

And if you think about it, "demanding without understanding" is a sort of insightful answer to the question "what is love?"

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
3 months ago#10
My tolerance for repeated exposure to songs that sink their meat hooks into me is extremely high, so this method works for me, but I am often prepared to listen to a song for like, an entire day before it works.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. Has anyone had success getting a song out of your head by listening to it?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived