I withdrew from a brain drug today!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I withdrew from a brain drug today!

User Info: willis5225

willis5225
3 months ago#1
I was on a depression thing what gave me unreasonable high hyptertension, and the doctor was like "uh yeah, just stop taking it," and I was like "do I need to taper or--" and she was like "nah" so I took a sick day, and sat around hallucinating mildly.

At one point, my fattest cat (whom we lock in the bedroom during meal times to give the other cat time to eat) began yelling, and I was like "what the hell is that? Oh right, I have cats" and it was pretty mind-blowing.

We also had work on the water mains nearby and didn't have water during the day. I kept intending to do something and thinking "oh wait we don't have water." Like I would go to cook something and say "wait the burner won't light, because we don't have water," because gas and water became equivalent in my addled mind. Ditto for checking my e-mail and related activities. It has been a wild ride!
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
3 months ago#2
That certainly does sound like an odd experience!

Hope stopping the meds works out for yah.
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
3 months ago#3
Yeah, I know that the transition on/off meds can be really rough, so best wishes there.

The only experience I remember with hallucinations is way back like ten years ago, I got an intense fever from food poisoning and I remember writhing in bed suddenly yelling and blaming Russia for my fever, and then catching moment of clarity and thinking it was really odd that I did that.

The first time my sister experienced an extended blackout, she was hesitant to use the toilet because she didn't understand that the flow of water wasn't connected to the electricity. She was maybe 16 or 17 years old.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
3 months ago#4
This is pretty rough lol

willis5225
3 months ago#5
I look at this like a fun little preview of dementia. Like, I *think* the failures of cognition I was experiencing are of a kind with the ones that you have as like a child or cognitively deficient senior. I dunno, there's a series of novels by a neurologist that gets into like what it's like not to be able to experience the left halves of things, and that as a thought experiment seems super neat!
Willis, it seems like every other time you post, I need to look up a word that's in the OED or Urban Dictionary but not both.
-Mimir

willis5225
2 months ago#6
So as a tip, for that particular brain drug, the actual withdrawal doesn't hit for 3-4 days, and that is much different from what I described. It is also counterproductive for meeting one's PADM quota :-(
-Mimir

User Info: GMTELigence

GMTELigence
2 months ago#7
How are you feeling now?
Let NOTHING stand in your way.

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
2 months ago#8
Lol Willis you crazy

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
2 months ago#9
Don't think of it like a quota! It's more like an honesty tracker. Like if you did it, cool! But if not, it's cool man, no worries.
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

willis5225
2 months ago#10
Good golly it's still only May 23rd.
-Mimir
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. I withdrew from a brain drug today!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived