About the monty drama

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. About the monty drama

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
3 months ago#11
I mean there is the whole "Safe Haven" thing that we pushed for awhile (or at least, was pushed in James' signature for awhile) and I think we did a sort of kind of okay job at that.

But I also think the era has largely passed for that just with the relentless passage of time. It's really different breaking ground in an established social group when the group is in their early teens, mid teens, late teens, early twenties, mid twenties, and now 30s.

I'm not saying it's not possible, it's just that the landscape has changed.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
3 months ago#12
I think we are still remarkably so a safe haven. I'm thinking of members on both sides of politics, various sexualities, the completely unreligious and the superreligious. I think it's awesome that we all love one another.

User Info: freepizza

freepizza
3 months ago#13
This guy missed his trial. Bit of an oversight eh boys? Time to rectify that.
"...you should try reading my posts being getting all emo." --FoxMetal

User Info: PaperSpock

PaperSpock
3 months ago#14
HeyDude posted...
I think we are still remarkably so a safe haven. I'm thinking of members on both sides of politics, various sexualities, the completely unreligious and the superreligious. I think it's awesome that we all love one another.

I get what you're saying, about the board being fairly diverse, but at the same time, we are almost entirely male at this point, and it's probably worth acknowledging that. It made me sad when Cheez left, and how it wasn't under the best of circumstances. I remember trying to reach out to her on Skype at the time to make amends, but I got blocked. I hope things are going good for her.

As for Monty, I hope he's doing well. I mean, he was rather annoying, especially with his grand quest to become a moderator. But at the same time, I know I probably went overboard on mocking him. You live and you learn, but it's still sad.
Fame is but a slow decay.
-Theodore Tilton

User Info: HeyDude

HeyDude
3 months ago#15
Cheez is working on transitioning. We're still Facebook friends. It's Nevyn now.

User Info: PaperSpock

PaperSpock
3 months ago#16
Oh wow! I hope it's going smoothly for him.

Side note, it must be a unique experience to choose a name for yourself. It's hard enough when it's a username, or a character name in an RPG. An actual, real life permanent name would be so intimidating to choose.
Fame is but a slow decay.
-Theodore Tilton

User Info: LinkPrime1

LinkPrime1
3 months ago#17
Chez was awesome and I hope he's doing well.

PaperSpock posted...
Side note, it must be a unique experience to choose a name for yourself. It's hard enough when it's a username, or a character name in an RPG. An actual, real life permanent name would be so intimidating to choose.

Agreed. Doubt I could handle it.
Well, there is a new accent of n00b language. It's called: Vet LUEser goes Foreign!-MegaSpy22
Those must be the pants of the gods!-Digitalpython

User Info: Kodiologist

Kodiologist
3 months ago#18
I chose the spelling of my own name, which is something like that, I guess.

I think my favorite part of the Monty drama was when he made yet another introduction thread with a new account pretending to be a new person, and the first reply was "Hi, Monty", and he said "How did you know it was me?"

---
Have you ever stopped to think and forgotten to start again?

User Info: Kylo Force

Kylo Force
3 months ago#19
Plausible deniability is everything, unless you can't conceptualize it.

Or it was like, an even deeper troll than we thought, but I'm not giving him that kind of credit.
"Sa taong walang takot, walang mataas na bakod."
"To those without fear, there is no such thing as a tall fence." - Filipino Proverb

User Info: GMTELigence

GMTELigence
3 months ago#20
I love that the original mountrussmore account was actually his dad's. I'd like to imagine that there was a time that his dad tried to log onto GameFAQs, only to find out that his account had been banned.
Let NOTHING stand in your way.
  1. Boards
  2. Paper Mario - Social
  3. About the monty drama

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived